Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:21:13 PM EDT
I bought a PM9 a while back after reading here and getting over my initial distaste for Kahrs after a bad experience with a PM40.  Anyways the PM9 shoots great and I love it.  Yesterday I got my Comp-Tac Infidel Slide with belt clip.  I think this is the best IWB for compact guns.  In my opinion larger guns need a holster that distributes weight better.  Like the Comp-Tac MTAC.  But for small guns the Infidel is perfection.  I usually wear my Glock 26 in an Infidel slide at all hours, even while watching TV in my recliner.  Well I've done the same with the PM9 and it is significantly lighter and thinner.

I know I can still make good hits at 25 yards and feel comfortable with the 9mm cartridge.  If this gun stays reliable I will have found ccw perfection.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The two thing with the Kahrs is load hot. They like +P ammo. The Corbon 115gr. +P round is a favorite. Not their DPX round.
And change springs fairly often Recoil and magazine. No more than 500 rounds. Maybe even after 200. They are available from the factory.
The gun if you keep it clean and lubed and do these two thing should be totally reliable.
They also had some problems with early models having a plastic mag catch and these wore out in short order. They will supply a steel one free of charge for the asking.
Enjoy, Excellant carry gun!
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The two thing with the Kahrs is load hot. They like +P ammo. The Corbon 115gr. +P round is a favorite. Not their DPX round.
And change springs fairly often Recoil and magazine. No more than 500 rounds. Maybe even after 200. They are available from the factory.
The gun if you keep it clean and lubed and do these two thing should be totally reliable.
They also had some problems with early models having a plastic mag catch and these wore out in short order. They will supply a steel one free of charge for the asking.
Enjoy, Excellant carry gun!

You just wasting yourmoney changeing springs that often.  Springs are cheap, so if you feel better by doing that fine but your still wasting ur money. I will agree with your last sentence  SUPER HANDGUNS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the first I'm hearing about Kahr recoil springs needing to be changed that often.  My department policy is that I must carry 147gr Gold Dots in 9mm guns.  So I'm stuck on ammo choice if I want to remain within policy.  I'll keep my eye on the recoil spring but not sure I'll be replacing them every 200 to 500 rds unless it needs to be replaced.  I'm sure a diet of only standard pressure rounds will help extend the life of the springs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You may think the Infidel is CCW nirvana, but you haven't tried the Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. I have an Infidel I used to use for my XD9SC and all the various belt clip options for it. It now sits in my pile of unused holsters along with my VMII for my 1911.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is the first I'm hearing about Kahr recoil springs needing to be changed that often.  My department policy is that I must carry 147gr Gold Dots in 9mm guns.  So I'm stuck on ammo choice if I want to remain within policy.  I'll keep my eye on the recoil spring but not sure I'll be replacing them every 200 to 500 rds unless it needs to be replaced.  I'm sure a diet of only standard pressure rounds will help extend the life of the springs.

ur right there is no need to change that often, just shoot it likeu stole it..  Those 147 grain GD are darn nice rounds..
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You may think the Infidel is CCW nirvana, but you haven't tried the Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. I have an Infidel I used to use for my XD9SC and all the various belt clip options for it. It now sits in my pile of unused holsters along with my VMII for my 1911.

No joke....everything Crossbreed is the cats pajamas....just sold a Super Tuck  along with my Glock 23 (yuck).  I've been carrying my PM9  in a desantis nemesis, but am now considering the mini tuck for it and using it as my warm-weather IWB CC.

My cool weather CC is on the way to my FFL....HK USP 9 compact.  It will also get a Super Tuck to ride in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to get too far off topic, but I still prefer the Infidel for small guns.  Part of this is due to the very low bulkiness.  And one of my favorite features is how easy it is to don and doff.  If I will be sitting on my couch for a few hours I may take it off and set the holster/gun on the coffee table and I can quickly stick it back iwb when I get up.  Some of the other holsters are not so easy to put back on.

But I will be getting a CompTac MTAC for my Glock 21SF when I occasionally carry that.  I agree there are more comfortable holsters out there, but I see no need for them with the Kahr PM9 because I can't tell I'm wearing it in in infidel.  But the 21SF is too uncomfortable in a CTAC to me.  In a gun that large I need the comfort of the leather.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Even those tiny 3" 1911s don't change out the springs that often. I could see MAYBE every 2-4k. But you are wasting money more often than that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics or ban-hammer!!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't say I never gave you anything.  I even got the AR15 mandatory big to pic.  but only got one foot because I was kneeling.

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Otay.....No Ban Hammer!  

Nice Kahr!   and cool IWB Holster!!!

ETA:    Toejamb!
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Those are man toes.  I don't pamper my feet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Infidel holster-Why not sell or trade it?I may be interested if the price is right.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep, love the Infidel for my PM9.  The only thing I'm missing is a slim single-mag carrier (paddle or IWB).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke....everything Crossbreed is the cats pajamas....just sold a Super Tuck  along with my Glock 23 (yuck).  I've been carrying my PM9  in a desantis nemesis, but am now considering the mini tuck for it and using it as my warm-weather IWB CC.

My cool weather CC is on the way to my FFL....HK USP 9 compact.  It will also get a Super Tuck to ride in.

EDIT: Didn't mean to turn this into a hijack so I started a different thread with my mini-tuck.

OP: that does look really nice and I hope it's comfortable for you
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta add one more vote for the mini-tuck.
My summer carry, Super comfortable, super thin (got the horse hide.  Don't know how much difference it makes.)
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/pdmenger/IMGP5398.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/pdmenger/DSC00166.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/pdmenger/DSC00160.jpg

Wow-that's a lot of hardware for a teeny gun
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top