Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:53:09 AM EDT
I've put 400 rounds through it now.  6 different kinds of ammo.  I let 2 other guys shoot it and it always consistently shoots low right anything past 7 yards.  Called Kahr and they said it should group 2-1/2" at 10yds, well it won't even hit a 10" target at 10yds.  It shoots off the paper about 3".  3-4 week turnaround time really sucks!  I was really starting to like this little guy and now it has to leave me :(

On the bright side, Kahr is sending a call tag, which means I don't pay anything.  And Ian in tech support was VERY nice and easy to deal with.  A+ for Kahr IMO!

-Thomas
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Which model?
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
PM9 with IAxxxx serial number
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Ugh.  Just got off the phone with Kar tech support and was told "It could be another couple of weeks" until I get my friggin PM9 back.  It's already been 5 weeks.  Now we're talking almost 2 months?  I've been fine and patient up until this point but now I'm starting to get really aggravated.  If it's that big of a mystery as to why it's shooting low, just send me a new damn gun, please!  I can't carry for self defense with a pistol that is now only a distant faint memory of what once was :(
-Thomas
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Feel your pain, Man.  Kahr has had my slide for a simple night sight install for coming on 4 weeks now.  A buddy of mine sent his 1911 slide off to Heinie for install of a set of sights last week.  It was mailed back the day after they received his slide. He is up and running.  I'm still waiting.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've put 400 rounds through it now.  6 different kinds of ammo.  I let 2 other guys shoot it and it always consistently shoots low right anything past 7 yards.  Called Kahr and they said it should group 2-1/2" at 10yds, well it won't even hit a 10" target at 10yds.  It shoots off the paper about 3".  3-4 week turnaround time really sucks!  I was really starting to like this little guy and now it has to leave me :(

On the bright side, Kahr is sending a call tag, which means I don't pay anything.  And Ian in tech support was VERY nice and easy to deal with.  A+ for Kahr IMO!

-Thomas

I've got the same exact issue so I feel your pain. I really don't know what Kahr can do to remedy this. Because of this I decided to put mine up for sale. My fear is in the event I may have to rely on this pistol for an emergency; I end up missing the threat and hitting an innocent bystander. Not worth it to me.

MY PM9 has been a huge disappointment for me in the accuracy department. In the reliability department to go BANG it's been wonderful; but all that doesn't matter if you can't hit the target like it's designed to do.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not concerned about the accuray at all.  Everyone says they're dead nuts accurate so Im confident that mine will be when it comes back.  If it's not I'll either tell Kahr Im sending it in to get an MK9 for free, or sell it and buy an MK9.  Like I said, it never malfunctioned once, even when I chambered the first round by hand racking, so if it shoots straight I'm certain I'll love it.
-Thomas
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 3:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Interesting.. I thought you being concerned about the accuracy was the whole point of your post
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It was in response.  I am not concerned that once I get it back, it will somehow loose accuracy again.  It's obviously a tolerance issue with the slide, since that's what they're replacing.  Once they get a slide put on there that's within spec I am not worried about it.  The mechanical aprts of the gun have functioned perfectly, so once the accuracy is on, I'll be a happy camper.

that  better?

-Thomas
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Just talked to Kahr again and they said they'll be accuracy testing it tomorrow or Wednesday.  Which will put it right at 2 weeks from when they said it would be 2 more weeks.  If they end up not sending it back this week I'm going to demand a new gun or something.  I can't believe it's almost been 2 months.
-Thomas
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was in response.  I am not concerned that once I get it back, it will somehow loose accuracy again.  It's obviously a tolerance issue with the slide, since that's what they're replacing.  Once they get a slide put on there that's within spec I am not worried about it.  The mechanical aprts of the gun have functioned perfectly, so once the accuracy is on, I'll be a happy camper.

that  better?

-Thomas

Khar seems to have a lot of "tolerance" problems with their pistols.  I had a P40 and my magazine would fall out while shooting.  Khar fixed that problem, but then the gun would not lock back after the last round.  I thought they would have tested the work they did. I had to sell the pistol.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just talked to Kahr again and they said they'll be accuracy testing it tomorrow or Wednesday.  Which will put it right at 2 weeks from when they said it would be 2 more weeks.  If they end up not sending it back this week I'm going to demand a new gun or something.  I can't believe it's almost been 2 months.
-Thomas

I think I would tread ligthly  about demanding any thing back from kahr. they are under no obligation to give u another gun. cetainly demanding will not get it.  Just keep ur cool, it will get here and it will be right and u will soon forget about the agrevation...
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#12]
well I should have had my pistol on the 4th but the credit card I gave them for the night sight install was cancelled by master card.  what a friggin nightmare.  My card was set to expire this month so they sent a new one to the WRONG ADDRESS.  When it got returned by USPS they destroyed it and said they had to issue a brand new card with a new number and that it would take 2 weeks.  So Kahr ran the old number and it wouldn't work, obviously.  And I had to find out by calling them today, a week later.  So now the issue is FINALLY resolved (cross fingers) and I should have it Friday.
-Thomas
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
well I should have had my pistol on the 4th but the credit card I gave them for the night sight install was cancelled by master card.  what a friggin nightmare.  My card was set to expire this month so they sent a new one to the WRONG ADDRESS.  When it got returned by USPS they destroyed it and said they had to issue a brand new card with a new number and that it would take 2 weeks.  So Kahr ran the old number and it wouldn't work, obviously.  And I had to find out by calling them today, a week later.  So now the issue is FINALLY resolved (cross fingers) and I should have it Friday.
-Thomas

nobody's real fault there either, just the nature of the beast....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]
they have my phone number and email.  They keep telling me to be patient.  Then when Im patient for a week it turns out it was supposed to be here a week ago?

Called them again today to get a tracking number.  They don't have one.  You know why?  Because THEY DIDN"T SEND IT OUT YESTERDAY like they said they would.  Surprise, surprise.

-Thomas
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Good thing I got a tracking number or I would have never gotten my gun.  They sent it to the wrong address.  They sent a call tag for the gun initially when it went in for warranty work, so they had the right address, but it was sent to the wrong one anyway.  So I called fedex and got it straightened out and it should be here today, with any luck.  Should have been here an hour ago though.  Just figures, with the luck I've had that the one last thing to get it here would fuck up as well.
-Thomas
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Okay, it arrived and it's in my pocket.  2 months 7 days.  The night sights are nice though.  And they sent me another 6rd mag for free, $40 dollar value.  It settles the bad feeling in my gut towards Kahr a bit.  I'm just glad it's home now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Okay, it arrived and it's in my pocket.  2 months 7 days.  The night sights are nice though.  And they sent me another 6rd mag for free, $40 dollar value.  It settles the bad feeling in my gut towards Kahr a bit.  I'm just glad it's home now.

Now just shoot it like u stole it and enjoy ur fine gun with the freebie magazine...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#18]
oh I plan to.  I'm really excited to get some rounds through this puppy.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top