Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 1/23/2009 5:18:21 PM EDT
I picked up a CW9 tonight.  I spent about an hour a couple months ago checking one out and deciding if I wanted it.  Well, I left that day without it and kicked myself for it.  Every time I have been back in my local fun shop since then, he hasn't had one in stock.  Well, fast forward to tonight.  Walk in, look in the case where it should be, and there it was.  I just had to have it.

He had a PM9 in too, and I liked it, but it was just too small for my hands.  Would be a good pocket gun though.  For IWB carry, I can deal with the slighter larger size and much more filled out grip of the CW9.  Being a couple hundred cheaper helped too.  

Never owned a Kahr before, but am excited to have a smaller CCW gun.  My current CCW rig is a full sized M&P 45 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe - so carrying this thing is going to be almost like carrying nothing.  Will obviously work much better during summer carry too.  I've been super happy with the Crossbreed holsters, so I might go that route for this one too.

No rounds down range, and I guess no real reason for pictures of a box stock gun.  Just thought I'd say Hi and I'm sure I'll be back with some questions.

Now it's time to get a few hundred rounds and get it broken in.  

Dan.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]

The CW9s rock!

Post back and let us know how the break-in went. If you read in this forum regularly you probably already know what you need to do, so I'll be brief:

1 Clean her up first
2 Keep your wrist firm while shooting (not kung-fu death grip, just firm)
3 Use the slide release, no sling-shotting
4 Put at least 200 through it in the first range session, and worry not about failures during this period
5 After this, and once you're satisfied with its operation, get some of your HP load through it

You are right, after carrying that M&P it will feel like you're carrying nothing. I kind of want a PM9 too, for pocket carry, but I'm glad I went with the CW for my first Kahr.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi, Where in Wv ? I had to order a PM9 from a gunshop in Inwood, Wv . Until then they just had a CW40, now they have the PM9, CW9, CW45 in the shop. Until they got those in I never saw a Kahr in My neck of the woods. I like the CW9 and wish they had offered it in DLC finish as I would buy 1 to go with My PM9.......WVleo
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The CW9s rock!

Post back and let us know how the break-in went. If you read in this forum regularly you probably already know what you need to do, so I'll be brief:

1 Clean her up first
2 Keep your wrist firm while shooting (not kung-fu death grip, just firm)
3 Use the slide release, no sling-shotting
4 Put at least 200 through it in the first range session, and worry not about failures during this period
5 After this, and once you're satisfied with its operation, get some of your HP load through it

You are right, after carrying that M&P it will feel like you're carrying nothing. I kind of want a PM9 too, for pocket carry, but I'm glad I went with the CW for my first Kahr.

Kahrs are catching on alot more than one thinks to.  Their quality, reliability and ultra concealment is coming to the front.  Have a Smith M& P and a G10 that are just fabulous handguns, dead nuts accurate, but way to big for my carry purposes..
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi, Where in Wv ? I had to order a PM9 from a gunshop in Inwood, Wv . Until then they just had a CW40, now they have the PM9, CW9, CW45 in the shop. Until they got those in I never saw a Kahr in My neck of the woods. I like the CW9 and wish they had offered it in DLC finish as I would buy 1 to go with My PM9.......WVleo

Valley Guns II.  Probably the same shop, huh?    I'm pretty good friends with Tommy, Jack and family.  Lord knows they have taken enough of my money - and no doubt more to come

You must be the guy they were telling me about.  Ordered one for you, but it came in with the wrong slide finish - hence the reason they have the PM9 in the case now - and they had to get you the correct one.

I liked the smaller barrel size of the PM9, but the grip is just too short to work for me as a primary.  Would be a great back-up or pocket gun though.  Do they make mag extenstions with a finger rest for it?  I stuck the CW9 mag in the PM9 and that length grip would work perfect for me.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi, Yes stopped in today to take a look at the CW9 , but You already know were that went. Only had the PM9 and 2 Kahr CW45s  left . Yes they make a finger extension that fits the PM9
Nice people at Valley Guns II also . Took Him longer to find the Kahr than the LCP .....WVleo
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a good gun.
I've owned a MK9 and PM9 before, but there's just something about the CW9.
Have only put about 400 rounds through mine, but it's my CCW 90% of the time.

I do think the "reasonable" price of the CW guns are getting more people to notice them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Huge CW9 fan here...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Just think if they offered that cw series in the DLC black finish.  It would be an awesome handgun....
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top