Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 12/6/2003 10:38:31 PM EDT
I can't wait.  I just ordered a PM40 from Kahr.  I've been wanting a Kahr for some time and was pretty excited when I saw they were shipping the PM40.  I read on some other boards that some people were having problems with theirs.  The way it sounded though was either they weren't using quality ammo, or it hadn't been broken in yet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hollywood304:
I've had my new PM9 for about three months, & I am very impressed with it. I used to carry an MK9 as my backup/off duty gun, but the PM is so much easier to carry all day that I sold the MK.

The Kahr owners manual recommends putting at least 200 rounds through a new gun before relying on it for self-defense. After breaking mine in, I would recommend about 300 rounds. In the first 100 rounds, the slide failed to close completely about once per mag. In the next 100 rounds, the problem was about once every 3-4 mags. After 300+ rounds, the problem went away completely. I think it took that long to wear the roughness off the slide rails. You probably will want to keep the gun heavily lubed during the break-in period too.

I am confident enough in mine now that I commonly carry it as my off-duty gun, especially when the .45 is a little bulky in plain clothes. Good luck with your new toy. My wife jokes that we are a "three Kahr family" with my two and her one....
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top