Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:50:33 PM EDT
I just cleaned my wife's new PM9 for the first time.  I was surprised to see that the plastic frame only had metal slide guides on the rear of the frame.  I'm used to my glock that has two guides in the front, and two in the rear.

My question is, do the front plastic slide guides wear out?  Anyone have any stories to reassure me like "I have 20,000 rounds through my PM9, and they're still fine"?

Any other manufactures do this with their plastic guns?  Do all plasic Kahr's only have guides in the rear?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They also have metal rails in the dust cover (front of frame).
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They also have metal rails in the dust cover (front of frame).

Thank you very much!  I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome. I just bought one, and had a P9 before. It'll last a long time.
The PM9 is real nice, I love mine
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
First 500 rounds polymer shaving is normal. Keep it lubed and enjoy...fyi
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You're welcome. I just bought one, and had a P9 before. It'll last a long time.
The PM9 is real nice, I love mine

14,100 rounds later my pm9 is going going going bang every time.  best damn ccw gun I ever owned..
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
First 500 rounds polymer shaving is normal. Keep it lubed and enjoy...fyi

shouldn't be to much polymer shaving though as the slide runs on steel rails. Those polymer rails are there for grip stiffness and as a guide to put the slide back on. It should stop within a couple hundred rounds of shooting.  Guess I was lucky, my inside of my grip rails look new. The slide never touches it..
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top