[#1]
That's weird.

Stainless steel doesn't rust does it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in FL and polished my barrel and it still doesn't rust
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in SC and I tend to sweat a lot (I'm "well insulated" as I like to say)

I carry my PM9 every day either in pocket or IWB.

I have been carrying it for about 5 months now and NO rust anywhere in or on the gun.  I say you got a part with a bad finish.

Kahr should make this right and I am sure they will.

Please let us know what they say when you talk to them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I am having exactly that kind of trouble with a K9. Mine actually has a pitted slide from normal carry here in Virginia Beach. The mag release rusts up darn quick too. I just stay after my kahr more than any of my other guns with the oil now and am considering coating the gun to stop the rust as suggested by members in my very recent thread in the "handguns" section.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been carrying my MK9 for about four years many times just in waistband/belt,small of the back,appenx carry.I live on the coast of CT.(thats soon to change). NO rust of any kind or anything else except a well runninr reliable pistol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I e-mailed Kahr, but haven't called them yet. If it's easy to remove the mag release I may just molly coat, but a brand new carry gun shouldn't be doing this.

Did you notice if it happened to NoAim's or Jus1more1swear's CW40s?

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I e-mailed Kahr, but haven't called them yet. If it's easy to remove the mag release I may just molly coat, but a brand new carry gun shouldn't be doing this.

Did you notice if it happened to NoAim's or Jus1more1swear's CW40s?

Mine has not, but then I haven't carried it. It's been in the box or at the range while I've been breaking it in/sighting it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine just started as well. I'll be giving Kahr a call to see if they have a stainless one or an aluminum one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a pm9.  The mag release and the slide stop have been rusting on me from day one.  I have to clean these parts every night.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Guys,

Email is quickest, most of the time.  Sorry for the "no reply".  Glad you got the parts you needed.

If you have something rusting, contact asap and we'll take care of it.  It's easiest for us to send replacement parts, but if that doesn't work for one reason or another, contact us and we'll bring the gun in to service.

[email protected] if you need technical assistance.

KahrGirl
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's weird.

Stainless steel doesn't rust does it?

Yes it does, just not as fast.  I know because my MK9 has some rust spot on frame and slide.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a stainless part. Just use some Flitz or maybe a fine grit steel wool on it and you should be good to go.

I've even seen Hoppes take a small amount of rust off.

And yes stainless does rust. It's usually easily taken care of though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Took mine out today (Mag Catch from CW9) it looks to be parked steel. Who knows the carbon content of certain types of stainless steel?  My KAHR is magnetic, slide, mag, slide release, barrel.  What type of stainless steel is NON magnetic?

G
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#18]
The types that cannot be hardened.  You won't find much of this on a gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#19]
My K9 did the same thing from day 1. Keep in mind though, mine is one of the 1st ones made (blued steel). I sent it to Kahr and had it nickeled- no change. 10 years later, I sent it to Coal Creek Armory and had the Melonite QPQ process done to it and the rusting problem is solved.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top