Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 8/20/2003 1:07:58 PM EDT
I'm giving some serious thought to buying a K9 for daily carry and was window-shopping through GunsAmerica. What is the difference between a "normal" K9 and an "Elite 98"? If I order a factory-new gun, is it worth ordering an "elite trigger"?

FWIW, I *do* like the standard trigger as-is but I wouldn't complain if it was shortened and lightened just a touch.

Any opinions/advice from Kahr gurus?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I own a PM9 and it has the elite trigger. I have shot a K9 before and after the trigger job. It made a really big differance to me. It is my shooting partners and I have shot a lot of rounds through his. The trigger job tightened up the groups and really fealt good. It should only be $35.00 - $40.00 bucks more and well worth it to me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a very early MK9 that I had a gunsmith change the trigger to an Elite one.  The Elite trigger does seem to make the pull slightly heavier.  To counter the heavier pull I've polished the inside of my slide and the striker and used a Wolff reduced power striker spring and now its really smooth, it fires everything I feed it.  
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top