Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2008 10:01:19 PM EDT
DOES ANYONE MAKE/SELL A KAHR ARMORER DVD???

THANKS
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen or never even heard of such a thing. Does it exist???
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish they did!  I made the mistake of punching the trigger pin of my PM9.....never again!  I was pretty certain I had the trigger spring and spacer oriented correctly, finally found a schematic to confirm.  JEEZ, I needed four hands to get everything lined up.  I'm sure there is a trick or jig to make it easier.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Its (almost) you're lucky day!!

We have a disassembly / reassembly video that is almost complete.  Once done, it will be on our website and we'll get it on YouTube also.

I'll get an update on when the video will be avail and let you know.

KahrGirl
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Kahrgirl, that will be helpful.  It's not that I'm a complete dolt, as I hold several armorer certifications and make it a point to disassemble every firearm I own.

Thanks again for the notification when the video is available.

Link Posted: 2/23/2008 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Video is going to production next week.  We should have it available on our website by April.

KahrGirl
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]
" I made the mistake of punching the trigger pin of my PM9.....never again!"

What's the deal with that pin? One side is non-tapered and the other side looks like a very tight dare I say press fit. I haven't taken mine apart but I would assume the right side was a tapered shape. I would like to upgrade my MK9 to the Elite trigger but I do not want to pay $125 to have Kahr do it, let alone put my gun in the mail. My only Armorer's status is Glock but I'm quite handy on the workbench. The PM9 may have a different setup than the metal framed guns but mine looks extremely tight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Could you please tell us the website we can view the armor video at?

Will it be downloadable I hope?
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Any updates on this?  I've looked on YouTube and have not found anything...
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#9]
She said "hopefully" by April, so it should be pretty soon!

Can't wait to see it myself.

:popcorn:
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I've detail stripped the slide (very easy), but not the lower.  There's instructions on the Kahr forum over at Glocktalk.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
this dvd ever come out???
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Kahrgirl,

Is this the video your talking about?

Kahr Disassembly

Not a "armorer" video.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Kahrgirl,

Is this the video your talking about?

Kahr Disassembly

Not a "armorer" video.

No I believe people are wanting to see a video of removing the trigger pin that is super tight fit pressed in by the Hulk himself. We would like to be able to swap out for the Elite trigger without having to mail a precious firearm!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#15]
That's the video guys...sorry its not detailed enough for you.

This is as far as Kahr recommends break down for cleaning.  The trigger can be...very tricky.  I know you guys like to take everything apart to see how it works, but the task of getting it back together becomes the issue.

Kahr has had guns sent back in pieces because the owner couldnt get it back together h.gif

Have a gunsmith help with changing out triggers.  We will be offering armorers courses in 2009.  It will be open to LE, gunsmiths and consumers who are willing to pay for it.  I dont have any other details on it at this time, but will keep you posted.

KahrGirl
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the update Kahrgirl. I will be on your attendance roster next year. I had meant to take the class when you offered it a few years ago.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Have a gunsmith help with changing out triggers.

KahrGirl

No offense but that's like telling us to call a mechanic for anything other than an oil change. Some people should most definitely not take a gun past field stripping but there are plenty who are quite capable of completely dismantling a firearm and putting it back together and I'm sure better at it than some gunsmiths. There are great smiths and there are lousy ones as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I took my kahr to a gunsmith, and due to the trigger pin being put in by hulk himself, he will now not even own a Kahr.

They were putting SERIOUS poundage on this thing...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Same with the sights. My local smiths couldn't change them and I have had to send them all out for sights.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top