Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 7/4/2003 2:40:34 PM EDT
Put money down on a KAHR Micro 9 (couldnt say exactly what model, but being Mass compliant the newest it would be is 1998) all stainless, 2 mags and case for $300.

I think its a good deal, but want to hear what you have to say, along with how you like your KAHRs.

Thanks,

ReaperVelle
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is a MK9 stainless.  This is the smallest size they make.  Bought in November, 2000 Paid 489.00 for the gun and 26.99 for an extra seven round mag (comes with a 6 rnd mag).

I love the gun.  Carry it in a pocket holster almost all the time.

If your getting the same gun I'ld say you got a good deal.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an MK9 stainless I purchased new right after they first came out. I carried mine constantly in a DeSantis ankle holster when in uniform, and quite a bit when in plainclothes.  

I love mine. I always shoot high 90% scores when I qualify with it, day or night. After a break-in period of about 200 rounds mine has been very reliable. I am carrying Federal 9BPLE +P+ 115 JHP for a "social load." Kahr reps told me that so long as the ammo is factory loads, the lifetime warranty is valid.

Sounds like you got a very good price on the package.....
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked it up yesterday, it is the MK9 (stainless) - Nice nice little gun.

Picked up an Uncle Mikes IWB to try it out...went out tonight with it for the first time.  Comfortable as hell.

So KAHR says the MK9 is OK to use with +p+ loads???

Another nice thing about KAHR, is that they are approx 30 min down the road from me :)  Local boys :)

ReaperVelle
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The MK9 is designed for a constant diet of full-house ammo. The trigger is outstanding and it's accurate as hell.

I carry my MK9 in an Uncle Mike's IWB for J frame revolvers. Fits perfectly.

The price is excellent.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up an Uncle Mikes IWB for small Auto - Fits ok -- Ordering a VMII tomorrow for it.

Still havent been able to shoot it, even though I am on vacation - Club has not "approved" my membership yet (Indoor and outdoor range).

Thanks All!

ReaperVelle
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So KAHR says the MK9 is OK to use with +p+ loads???

When I bought mine, I asked that question specifically of one of their reps, & the answer was "As long as it's factory ammo, not reloads or remanufactured ammo, the warranty is good."
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.....

I also sent an email to KAHR asking their stand on +p and +p+ ammo:
    "What is KAHRs position for the MK9 on shooting +p or +p+ - does this void the lifetime waranty?"

KAHRs reply:
    "No, the MK9 can handle both.  We do suggest that lighter grain is better 115 or 124."

Thanks,

ReaperVelle
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top