Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 7:56:52 PM EDT
Recently, I took delivery of a Kahr PM9 that received Cylinder & Slide's "package #2".  This consists of a trigger job, polished feed ramp, polished trigger face, rapid-acquisition night sights, target-crowned muzzle and assorted other reliability and accuracy goodies.  It was 100% right out of the box, accurate and controllable.  All of this in a sub-19 ounce 9mm+P Luger that's a tad smaller than a Walther PPK.  In other words, the perfect CCW piece for an Arizona summer.  To say I'm thrilled would be an understatement.  

I hope the picture posts work - I'm new at this.

Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  Did you have it before the work was done?  If so, how does the trigger compare to the factory setup?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious about the trigger too.

Cause I have to say, the factory trigger was smooth and the pull was optimal (IMO).
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the gun directly from Cylinder & Slide.  I've never handled a stock PM9.  But the trigger pull is every bit as smooth as my S&W 686 revolver, and lighter to boot.  I've owned over 100 firearms over the years, and this PM9 has the smoothest DA trigger pull I've ever experienced.  When the trigger is smooth, it doesn't necessarily have to be light weight - the smoothness makes up for weight, yet you retain the safety of a heavier trigger pull in stressful situations.  I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I would guess this one is around 6-7 pounds.

The photos came out pretty small (I've got to work on learning more about posting photos).  What you can't see very well is the polishing on the feedramp and the trigger face.  If they weren't curved surfaces, you could shave using them as your mirror.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought the gun directly from Cylinder & Slide.  I've never handled a stock PM9.  But the trigger pull is every bit as smooth as my S&W 686 revolver, and lighter to boot.  I've owned over 100 firearms over the years, and this PM9 has the smoothest DA trigger pull I've ever experienced.  When the trigger is smooth, it doesn't necessarily have to be light weight - the smoothness makes up for weight, yet you retain the safety of a heavier trigger pull in stressful situations.  I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I would guess this one is around 6-7 pounds.

The photos came out pretty small (I've got to work on learning more about posting photos).  What you can't see very well is the polishing on the feedramp and the trigger face.  If they weren't curved surfaces, you could shave using them as your mirror.

They didn't fix the reset did they?

By "fix," I mean, more like what an auto should have, not a revolver trigger... I can't stand how hard it is to go from an auto gun to my Kahr, I constantly short stroke it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe they adjusted the reset.  However, in my testing, I never short-stroked it, and I'm accustomed to shooting a SIG P229 Elite with the short-reset trigger.  Of course, the Kahr system is essentially the same as Glock's: striker-fired, with the striker at "half-cock" when the slide cycles, so I would expect the reset to be more than a SIG.  But it never failed me.  YMMV.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top