Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:27:31 PM EDT
I've noticed that I have a small dark spot that seems to be a burr (it's not removable by cleaning) inside the barrel, closer to the bore.  How worried should I be about this?  I'm guessing that the pistol came like this as it's relatively new and only has 300 rounds through it.  I noticed it during my first cleaning.

Now, I tend to lean towards the obsessive-compulsive side.  Should I replace the barrel?  Kahrs sells them for $128.  I get decent-enough accuracy, but would something like this affect accuracy enough to warrant me being obsessive-compulsive about it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you get a good pic of the bore? If is really is a burr, Kahr will replace the barrel for free.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can you get a good pic of the bore? If is really is a burr, Kahr will replace the barrel for free.

No way I could get a pic.  My camera is not that good.  Thanks for the tip about Kahr.  I just sent them an e-mail, so hopefully they'll help me out.

Thank you again triburst1 -- you seem to be helping me out a lot lately
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thank you again triburst1 -- you seem to be helping me out a lot lately

That's what Jack Bauer would do.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top