Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:48:05 PM EDT
Looking at one of these. How reliable are they? Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone has to have some experence with these!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
......come on!!!! Anyone??????
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have/had an Elite 03.  The frame on mine cracked  I still havent received a replacement yet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have/had an Elite 03.  The frame on mine cracked  I still havent received a replacement yet.

Is that an isolated problem? Also what does the 03 stand for? The one I just bought is a Elite 98. What does the number stand for? Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
03 = 2003
98 is 1998

Same model just the year of redesign.  No, the cracked frame is not an isolated incident.  It appears that Kahr has some heat treating issues to work out.  I have not heard of this being a problem on the 98 elites though.

The Kahr Club on Glock Talk is very active with Kahr owners.  Read some of the threads there.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
03 = 2003
98 is 1998

Same model just the year of redesign.  No, the cracked frame is not an isolated incident.  It appears that Kahr has some heat treating issues to work out.  I have not heard of this being a problem on the 98 elites though.

The Kahr Club on Glock Talk is very active with Kahr owners.  Read some of the threads there.  

Thank you for the good info! I sure hope my new MK40 has no problems! It will kill me if it does as I have had really bad luck with the last few hand guns I have bought. I had to send back 5 of the last 7 for different problems. This one better not also be a leamon!!!!

Also I did not know Kahr made the MK40 Elite back in 1998. I thought these were a 1999 and newer design.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top