Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:30:24 PM EDT
I have a new MK9 and with under 400 rounds through it I noticed that the front sight was creeping(drastically) left, I realized after I was missing paper at 7yards!

Anyway, I called Kahr and they (Dottie) offered to reinstall the sights and when I told her that would be pointless because I was going to install night sights.  Anyway, she said that Kahr would install the night sights for free(I paid for sights and shipping to Kahr)...

So I will post an update as to how long it takes them to do it and if I run into any trouble with Kahr(doubt I will though!)

Shipped via FedEx 2nd day 2-14-06

Edited to Update:
Delivered to Kahr 2-16-06

Edited to Update:
I called Kahr Rep. Dottie at 11:30am 2-27-06 because I have heard no word from Kahr and have not seen my slide.  She stated that she would call me back, I ASSuMEd she meant today, apparently not.

Edited to Update
I called Dottie back on 2-28-06 and got her voicemail, I eventually got in touch with a person who does the sight installation.  He told me that he had my slide right in front of him and had been waiting on the sights to come in(out of stock).  So, while on the phone with me, he installed them and in less than 18 hours later the Fed Ex driver knocked on my door with the slide.

So it did take a little longer than I would have hoped, but, I am happy that I have the gun back together and I would recommend Kahr simply for the fact that they stand behind their product.  Other than the fact that I shot the front site off, this pistol is my second favorite, my HK being first of course.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a new MK9 and with under 400 rounds through it I noticed that the front sight was creeping(drastically) left, I realized after I was missing paper at 7yards!

Anyway, I called Kahr and they (Dottie) offered to reinstall the sights and when I told her that would be pointless because I was going to install night sights.  Anyway, she said that Kahr would install the night sights for free(I paid for sights and shipping to Kahr)...

So I will post an update as to how long it takes them to do it and if I run into any trouble with Kahr(doubt I will though!)

I thought you had to ship pistols next day?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you had to ship pistols next day?

Apparently, the slide only needed to be shipped in, so, per Dottie "you can ship it in any way you want to, even first class mail"  

I can only assume that since I only shipped in the Slide, that it is not considered a "firearm"
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I can only assume that since I only shipped in the Slide, that it is not considered a "firearm"

Correct.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Original post edited to update
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Original post edited to update

EDIT:

Sounds like they took care of you after all! Good to hear it!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Edited original post
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top