Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 5:43:58 AM EDT
Yesterday, 9-27-05,  I was in the Sportsman's Warehouse in Clackamas, OR (Portland area) and the Kahr PM4043 with night sights was on sale for $525.  

I bought one and will be taking out to break it in today, probably to Brown's Camp for those who know this area.  For those who don't, it's an unused quarry about a 30 minute drive from downtown Portland.

Anyway, thought I'd pass along what I thought was a pretty good price on a very nice little carry gun.

I just moved here from San Diego, and since the gun laws are SO much different, I've already got my carry license, and bought 4 AR 15's !!

I'll post my impressions of this little pup after a few hundred rounds down range, like the manual says.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That is the lowest price I've heard of-you got a deal.  Paid 550 for my PM9.  That was the lowest price I could find & I called dozens of dealers throughout Indiana.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, the little booger does kick some!  Not so bad though.  Seems about like my S & W .357 2 1/2" with hot loads.  Certainly controlable and comfortable firing one handed.  I'm left handed and the slide catch is a non issue.

Had a few Failure To Feed's with some cheap round nose loads, but the Win. silver tip 155 gr. HP & Federal 155 gr. HP Hydra Shok were flawless.  So far so good, the night sights are brighter than I expected but may take some getting used to.  Plan on going to the range this week to see how it performs at 10 & 15 yard marks.

I'm tempted to go buy another just because of the price, and how well I like this little gun.  Their regular price is posted as $599 with the night sights.  

I bought an "Uncle Mike's" pocket holster, and it fits in my front levi's pockets, and practically gets lost in my khaki shorts front pocket.  Gotta love that kind of firepower that no one would suspect you're carrying.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#3]
A Kahr P9 is my primary CCW gun, I love it. So when I got a chance to buy a used K40 I jumped on it. Nice gun, but too damn heavy. I notice that the new Kahr .45 is made with ONLY the polymer frame, good decision on Kahr's part. I plan on owning a P45 one of these days.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering if you'd considered the PM4043 like I just bought?  It's .40 Cal. also and only weighs 15oz. according to the specs on the website.  I figure if I miss with the first six shots, I'd better be steppin' & fetchin' after that.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top