Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 9:16:22 PM EDT
Are the MCarbo/Wolf/other spring kits worth it for a K9?  I'd like to lighten the final trigger pull a bit for my wife, but don't want to compromise reliability.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dfariswheel] [#1]
I'd stick with Kahr factory springs.
A lighter striker spring isn't going to offer that much reduction and Wolff specifically warns that reduced striker springs are for competition use ONLY.

Kahr's design means that recoil springs and striker springs are what they are......if you want lighter, buy a different brand of gun.
These micro guns are operating right on the edge of what's possible.  Start changing springs and they often begin failing.

If you absolutely must have lighter triggers, you can try a lighter striker spring but you'll need to do some serious test firing with the SAME ammo you'll be using in the gun for defense, and that will need at least 100 to 200 rounds to be certain.
Anything less and it becomes a matter of "How lucky do ya feel"?

Another option is to send the gun to one of the custom gunsmiths who offer high end Kahr work and have him work it over.

The best of all options is to try to get the shooter to practice more with it.  As you get used to a gun and strengthen your trigger finger, it starts feeling lighter.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top