Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:33:34 AM EDT
I'm replacing the XS Sight Systems Big Eye sights on my K9 and am considering the MMC rear sight Kahr offers.
Anyone have any experience- good or bad- with them?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with MMC, but would you be interested in selling your Big Eye sights?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No experience with MMC, but would you be interested in selling your Big Eye sights?

Sure. The sights are a tritium front with a standard rear. Still interested?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Installed the new MMC sights this weekend and can say they are a great sight system. Was a bit of a pain in the ass to install as they took a bit of fitting, but once installed they came to zero quickly and are very easy to pick up when doing 'draw-fire' drills and double taps.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack the thread but I just lost the front sight on my E9 for the second time in 6 years. What does it take to install the sights on a Kahr E9?  Is it the same as the K9?
They were the factory sights and I think they are made of plastic.  The front sight looks staked but I would rather have a dovetailed sight.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
The E9 sight IS staked in place, unlike the K series.  There are a couple of options you have to keep your front sight- 1 is to have a competent gunsmith put in a dovetail on the slide and then use the Novak or Meprolight sights from Kahr. The other is to use an epoxy when installing a new E9 sight.

Of the 2, I would pay the money to have a dovetail put in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What didn't you like about the Big Dot on the Kahr?  I was thinking it would be a good match on a small pistol.  Did you have the Big Dot, or the slightly smaller one?  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the big dot. There's nothing wrong with the sight itself. I changed ammo brands and was having issues with bullet impact. I decide to change to adjustable sights to eliminate the problem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had the big dot. There's nothing wrong with the sight itself. I changed ammo brands and was having issues with bullet impact. I decide to change to adjustable sights to eliminate the problem.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the info.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top