Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 8/18/2019 10:58:42 AM EDT
I don't get it. Took the slide off, cleaned everything up, put the slide back on and it's locked up.

Almost on, it will wiggle back and forth a bit but wont budge anymore than that. Wtf?

Link Posted: 8/18/2019 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to add I swapped out the factory striker for one from Lakeline while I had it apart.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Pull the trigger and try again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 12:34:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronColon] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By flushermgti:
Pull the trigger and try again.
View Quote
Trigger wasn't doing anything. I wound up going up through the mag well will a pick and pressing down -well, up- on the cocking cam and that let the slide come forward.

Put the original striker back in it, did the same thing. I put the new one back in it, tried about a dozen times and the slide finally went on all the way.

I don't know. Anyway it's back together.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I always get the destruction manual out when I take my P380 apart....if I don't I end up with my P380 slide stuck like that!....

Even following the instructions it can be tough. I like the little Kahr...runs perfect...shoots awesome but I just hate to take them apart.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the same exact problem with mine. Pulling the trigger does nothing. Same deal, picked this up and oiled it and the slide is stuck and has maybe 2-3mm of back and forth movement.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL must be a common problem. I just bought two p380's. One had this problem and i never even got to shoot it. Sent it in and had them fix it. I actually came in to update my post and saw this. My problem was the ejector was making contact with the firing pin. I could use a tool up through the mag well to move the ejector a bit and get the slide to go on. Decided this has to go back and get fixed. It got here today. And they say they fitted the extractor and the ejector. Maybe it had a problem with extraction when they test fired it. IDK. Anyway fill out their warranty stuff online and they send you a fedex packing tag to ship it to them. Think my turnaround time was a week. I thought i was getting a steel at 299. Maybe they know they had this issue and that is why i got such a good deal. Still like Kahr though
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a very interesting conversation with the support team at Kahr about this. The problem is caused by the cam, which is visible from looking inside the magazine well. By using a chop stick (which is what they suggested) you can push down on the cam to allow the slide to clear it. When reassembling in the future I was told to just apply slight downward pressure on the cam from the top so the slide can clear it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Pry up.the back of the ejector ever so slightly
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top