Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 5/21/2019 1:24:55 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago, I was at an estate sale and picked up a Kahr P9 for very cheap with no box, two mags, night sights. Cosmetically, the pistol was in very good shape, just very minor wear on slide and frame.

I did notice the gap between the frame and slide, especially on the muzzle end, seemed to be a bit wide, and the recoil guide rod had a heavily worn, almost scarred up look, much rougher than the rest of the gun.

Took it home, dissembled it, the rails on the poly frame looked a little rough, but a search online seemed to show that was fairly normal for a Kahr. Lubed and up and took it outside to shoot. First three rounds, great, no problem, accurate even. On the fourth shot the action locked up. Tight. Ouch. There is a round in the chamber, and I cannot get the slide to retract nearly back far enough to disassemble the pistol. Not even close. Like I said, locked up tight.

Any suggestions how I can get this gun apart would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hold the gun by only the slide muzzle in a safe direction. Slam the rear strap of the gun into achair or counter edge. IM me if needed and I will do a video of it.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top