Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 9:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: razARback]
So I ordered a Kahr PM9 from Grabagun for $397 delivered. I’ve wanted to try a PM9 for years, but for whatever reason just never made it a priority. Is this handgun still relevant heading into 2019?

I really would have preferred the black model, but had a hard time justifying the additional cost. I couldn’t figure out why this one was so much cheaper - is it because the slide is not black and it doesn’t have the factory night sights? All the PM9’s on the Kahr website appear to have night sights. Is this maybe a discontinued model?

What say you? Did I make a mistake?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I would rather have the Walther PPS Link  suggest you buy both and give us a report.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, you blew it.

You could have bought mine for 300 shipped.

Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope. I think its the smallest reasonably priced quality 9mm on the market.
Smaller than a G43 or a P365. The CM9/PM9 are perfectly pocket-able in a DeSantis Nemesis.
Throw some fiber optic front and rears on it.

Ever pull the trigger on one. It's not bad, but it's definately different. It's the most DA trigger you'll ever feel... LONG pull, smooth non gritty feel, the break does not stack and surprises you, and there's a long reset. Because of this the smooth pull and clean break surprising CM/PM/MK series are all very accurate for me when slow firing for tight groups. Its a very good DA style trigger pull, better than many average DAO revolvers. But it is way different than a S&W or glock or sig.

Kahr says break it in with 200 shots. I recommend it. I had a CM9 that was sketchy for a few mags and then it smoothed right out. I also have a Mk9 I got used and its been fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDEL] [#4]
You can get Cerakote done on almost every street corner nowadays so the color is the last thing to worry about.

Clean, lube, rack slide fully while dry firing, store with slide racked back for a few days. Then expect a few cranky mags  but it will run well after that.

I've really learned to like the trigger, but I've dry fired the crap out of it. Without practice, split times will be horrible compared to a glock or such

I sold my PM 9 ages ago, just the 380 now, but one will be back soon. I'm on my 3rd Glock 34...some people never learn ha
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a cm9, IT IS MY BACK UP GUN. It has 500 flawless rounds through it. I trust it with my life. It will also ride in my pocket off duty. You did well. It is one of the best pocket 9mm IMO. Shoot it a lot, you will love it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You can ship it to me for proper disposal....

Its a fine shooting gun
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a PM9, it’s a great shooting gun and easy to conceal.  I wasn’t a fan of having to use the slide release and when the P365 came out the extra capacity intrigued me so I replaced my PM9 with the 365.  I still have and love the P380 and will likely end up with a P9 or K9 at some point.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jcast141:
I have a PM9, it’s a great shooting gun and easy to conceal.  I wasn’t a fan of having to use the slide release and when the P365 came out the extra capacity intrigued me so I replaced my PM9 with the 365.  I still have and love the P380 and will likely end up with a P9 or K9 at some point.
View Quote
How are you liking the P365?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JohnLWare:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jcast141:
I’ve been very pleased with this gun.  Got it in October and am somewhere in the 500 round realm with it and no issues.  It has a great trigger and reset, short and crisp unlike the long DAO style of my PM9.

I like that it came with great night sights and good grip texturing, it feels great in the hand and the extra capacity over the PM9 is nice.  I spent some money on my PM9 trying to increase capacity with +1’s and changing mag followers to be able to slingshot the slide all to no real avail, always had the issue of the top round of a pocket carried mag coming out/loose.  None of these problems with my P365, ready to go from the factory.

I also like the activation of the P365 better than the TLR-6 on my PM9.  All in all it was a winner, I’m not a Sig fan boy (the P365 is my first) and loved my PM9 and thought I was set on it as a carry gun but the P365 has certainly won out.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Update: I may regret it, but I cancelled the PM9 order - decided to wait and see how the Sig P365 does.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Update: I may regret it, but I cancelled the PM9 order - decided to wait and see how the Sig P365 does.
View Quote
I finally after years traded off my PM9 with factory night sights.

Check out out a P365, P938 or Shield for Pocket carry.

I am waiting for SHOT to see what new is introduced into the market and I will likely end up with 1 or 2 of the above for pocket carry.

Believe it or not I now carry a Shield 45 in a pocket holster. It is a bit on the heavy and large size but I can make it work. I plan to replace it with one or 2 of the above for pocket carry in the next few months for the reduced size and weight.

I think you would be well served with any of the 3 that I mentioned.
Good luck OP
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
God, that's really cheap for a PM9.

I paid twice as much for mine about 10 years ago. No regrets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a PM9 as my BUG/dress clothes gun for a decade. Bought a Glock 43 when they came out. It's a bit longer but better in every way. Sold the PM9 within 2 weeks of buying the Glock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The PM9 is a solid pistol, especially for that price.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got my K40 Elite back from my grandpa. He used it as a carry gun for many years but can no longer operate the slide. I sold my CW9 after the Shield came out, and I will probably replace the Shield with a G43X here soon. My wife has a G43, which I like, but it’s not quite big enough. I would buy a PM9 if one turned up for $300 local. It’s still the smallest available 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#16]
So I ordered a Kahr PM9 from Grabagun for $397 delivered. I’ve wanted to try a PM9 for years, but for whatever reason just never made it a priority. Is this handgun still relevant heading into 2019?

I really would have preferred the black model, but had a hard time justifying the additional cost. I couldn’t figure out why this one was so much cheaper - is it because the slide is not black and it doesn’t have the factory night sights? All the PM9’s on the Kahr website appear to have night sights. Is this maybe a discontinued model?

What say you? Did I make a mistake?
View Quote
I have had a PM9 for the last 6-8 years and have had no issues with it and in fact today I installed some Turglo TFX pro sights on it and man they are great. Sure it would be nice to have the capacity of a of a 365 or Hellcat but I like the trigger pull of a Kahr more than the others.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top