Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 6/12/2018 10:58:49 PM EDT
I handled a MK 9 Elie 03 at my LGS. While the trigger was buttery smooyh, it was long    I am in the decision stage for purchase and asking some thoughts of other MK9 owners.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the larger k9 and the cw9, both are great guns. I carry the cw9 everyday and have no issues, I love that pistol. The k9 is all steel and it’s a Heavy little bugger but it shoots so smooth, the extra weight really tames the recoil compared to the polymer cw9. The metal frame guns are also wider than the polymer due to the grip panels but they are still compact. I carry in a remora sticky holster it’s extremely comfortable to carry in. I did add a soft loop to hold it in place on my belt as it lost the sticky from edc after a few years.

Mags feed reliably and I haven’t had any issues with them except they can drop a round in the pocket on occasion. I have 5 mags for my 2 and the backup mag I carry in my pocket never drops rounds but others have. Another thread in the kahr section about magazine sleeves he did a nice review on them. Also there is an aftermarket mag follower that’s supposed to help that issue too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a MK9 Elite 98.  I carry it daily.  I have owned it since 2000 or so.  Other than being all steel and a bit heavier than the polymer pm9, it is a great gun.  I carry in a OWB slide holster and do not really notice the weight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Linksrds] [#3]
I did buy the MK9 Elite series 03 and it truly is a smooth shooting pistol.    Very mild recoil and after lube and cleaning, I have never had a problem with the pistol at the range.   shot a variety of ammo with no problems.

I think my CW9 will continue to be my EDC and P380 be my BUG.   ThIs is the first steel frame Kahr I have owned/shot and really am impressed with it.

Thank you for the feed back.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely love my MK9 Elite. I'm debating getting some nice wood stocks for it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an MK9 Elite 18 and it is a great gun! I switch between it and my Sig P365 for carrying depending on what I am doing. I am fond of the Kahrs!
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top