Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2016 4:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rockyriver]
My LGS has a brand new Kahr PM9 all black, standard sights, 3 mags (2-six rounders, 1-seven rounder) for sale.
My question is I don't know the production date on the gun and is there any difference in early models vs late models? The price of the gun is $499.99 and they claim that they are saling it at cost to blow it out the door since no one seems to want it.
Since it comes with three mags is that something the factory offered or is that something I wondered they are doing?
The gun does have a long pull like a revolver and it's deffinelty not as smooth as I thought it should be.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a good deal.

Even if it did have problems Kahr has pretty good CS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:26:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bucket-Back] [#2]
Older model was a blunt muzzle, newer version is tapered and longer

I have a blunt muzzle Black Diamond. It's my 4th Kahr

Look here for serial info
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?207-Kahr-Serial-Number-History-by-WIG19-on-GlockTalkkahr serial
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I just paid a lot more than that for a new PM9. Yes, it came with three mags. I love this gun, I tried a Kimber Solo but it had a lot of issues, should have listened to all of the advice.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:57:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rockyriver] [#4]
Here's the gun, it's brand new. After feeling the trigger and holding the gun I said no way. The gun felt great, however the trigger was just plain awful. I tried a used PM9 out also that had about 500 or more rounds through it and it felt just as bad also.
Oh well, can't have it all.

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Its newer than a gen 1 (which is what I have in all black).  Should be good to go and a nice price at that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't have to worry about Glock Toe with Kahr triggers
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeepinnc] [#7]
Too late. I sniped it.

Its a very nice pistol and it was great deal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#8]
The longer beveled slide started in 2010 as an FYI.  It was supposedly requested by LE customers as it makes re-holstering their backup guns easier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shadowcop] [#9]
Originally Posted By Rockyriver:
My LGS has a brand new Kahr PM9 all black, standard sights, 3 mags (2-six rounders, 1-seven rounder) for sale.
My question is I don't know the production date on the gun and is there any difference in early models vs late models? The price of the gun is $499.99 and they claim that they are saling it at cost to blow it out the door since no one seems to want it.
Since it comes with three mags is that something the factory offered or is that something I wondered they are doing?
The gun does have a long pull like a revolver and it's deffinelty not as smooth as I thought it should be.
View Quote

What is it that makes you feel the trigger is bad?
I'm not a fan of the longer pull but my older PM9 is smooth as silk.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#10]
The Kahr PM9 is a semi-auto J-frame.
When you view it in that light, the trigger is perfect in that role and is far better than any snubbie.
For a gun that's designed around pocket carry, the long travel, medium weight, smooth trigger is optimal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#11]
those have a long trigger pull, but the triggers are usually very smooth, i would have bought that
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Sight dovetails and recoil springs also changed over the years.  But that one should be up to speed in both respects
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
The trigger is different than other polymer guns but mine is very smooth, no stacking of pressure, just keep pulling and hen a crisp break.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 7:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Talyn] [#15]
As mentioned earlier the trigger pull on the PM-9 is like a smooth double-action revolver pull.

That's how they were designed and once you're used to it its perfectly fine.

I really like my PM-9 and while it doesn't have a crisp 1911 trigger or a striker-fired pistol trigger pull it is what it is.

That's an excellent price for a new PM-9.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I consigned a PM9 to a LGS it was the  two tone with factory night sights and two custom leather holsters.  About 280 rounds through it. The factory suggests 250 round break in. I had it listed for $599 and no one wanted it. The cheaper models can be had so much cheaper most folks do not want to pony up for the PM. I finally decided to bring it home and frankly I am happy it did not sell. I intend to keep it.
I had one stove pipe within about the first 2 or 3 mags and then flawless after that. I am going to run some Gold Dot 124 grain and Federal 147 HST both standard pressure through it to see how it does. Kahr does put out quality work from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:
I consigned a PM9 to a LGS it was the  two tone with factory night sights and two custom leather holsters.  About 280 rounds through it. The factory suggests 250 round break in. I had it listed for $599 and no one wanted it. The cheaper models can be had so much cheaper most folks do not want to pony up for the PM. I finally decided to bring it home and frankly I am happy it did not sell. I intend to keep it.
I had one stove pipe within about the first 2 or 3 mags and then flawless after that. I am going to run some Gold Dot 124 grain and Federal 147 HST both standard pressure through it to see how it does. Kahr does put out quality work from what I have seen.
View Quote
Glock (and everyone else) making single stack 9mm has made the PM series harder to move at that price point.  Honestly my PM9 is second to none.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up a LNIB PM-9 for $400.  If the gun has been shot it wasn't very many... it looks brand-new.  Couldn't beat the price.  Haven't got to take it out to the range yet but plan to soon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Since you probably don't know for certain how many rounds were through it, these mini-guns are hard on springs, I recommend ordering a new recoil spring from Kahr and replace the one in it.

Buy ONLY a new Kahr factory spring, NO after market or extra power springs.  
That very often causes problems where there are none.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Glock (and everyone else) making single stack 9mm has made the PM series harder to move at that price point.  Honestly my PM9 is second to none.
View Quote
This.

I too prefer the PM9 over the G43.

They're both +P rated.
I carry 124gr Speer GDHP +P SB (Short Barrel) in mine.

The good thing about the PM9 vs the CM9 is that it's practically guaranteed not to break due to suffering a sudden part failure, while with the CM9 that's technically possible.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top