Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 12:41:13 PM EDT
I have heard that the Thompson .45 was "less than desirable" (to be nice).  I heard there were numerous problems w/ feeding (ball & hp),
finish would fade, etc.....

Is that changed since Kahr bought them out?  
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Let us know what you determine, I haven't seen one yet, so can't comment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I just shot my first Thompson .45 full auto while in Vegas last weekend.

100 rounds (4 mags). Not one single jam or misfeed.

I want one, I want one I want one.

Very cool, very difficult to keep from climbing to the ceiling of the range. Have to limit it to about 5 -6 round bursts.  

But it was oh so cool!

It's my sig pic!

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine used a couple months ago. I've put a couple hundred rounds thru it with only one problem.
Three of the four mounting screws for the rear sight worked all the way out while shooting and it spun 180 degrees.
The factory sent new screws to my gunshop and I loc-tited them in.
Seems like a well made gun. Just check all the screws after shooting!

Oh! Don't buy mags from the factory. They will rape you and you still have to open up the mag catch hole.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
How about the AutoOrdnance 1911s?  Has anyone seen one?  From the way the Kahrs are made, I would believe that the quality, if up to Kahr standards, would be lightyears beyond what the old AutoOrd put out.  I haven't seen one yet, but the MSRP is making me think it might be worth it.  

The other 1911 that I'm thinking about right now is the Dan Wesson Pointman Minor.  Kimber and Springfield have priced themselves out of my range, unfortunately.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top