Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2015 7:41:26 AM EDT
I had this pm9 for over a year. I clean and Lube weekly but my sweat is like acid for the mag release button (nothing else has rust)
I use a kydex iwb
I asked Kahr and they don't make a ss one
Should I have it duracoted?
Anybody else with this problem
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had the same problem for years.  Thankfully, Glock solved the problem with the release of the G43.  I've waited for several years to find a better alternative, and now it's here.  Goodbye PM9!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry a glock 33 75% of time but it's so hot I have to carry the pm9 (shorts without belt)
The problem with the 43 is almost the same size as my 33 just thiner
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had this exact same problem. Only solution is to keep it oiled. I would clean mine as much as I could with some FP-10 on a cotton swab.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I spray mine with a little Boeshield T9 regularly and it seems to keep the rust away.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had this exact same problem. Only solution is to keep it oiled. I would clean mine as much as I could with some FP-10 on a cotton swab.
View Quote

Exactly how I treated mine when I carried it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had the same problem myself seems to be a common problem that Kahr seems to ignore. S.S. would be an easy fix.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea I'm a little disappointed. I emailed them and they said it's not covered by warranty and I can buy a new one and sent me the link
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top