Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2014 4:39:05 PM EDT
Ordered a new P45 with night sights online and just picked it up today.  It has HVGC engraved on the right side of the slide.

I have a PM9 and a CW45, and neither one has anything engraved on this part of the slide.  

Anyone know what this is?

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
New or used?  Looks to be a custom engrave job.  Surprised the seller didn't mention that.  Let us know what you find.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New or used?  Looks to be a custom engrave job.  Surprised the seller didn't mention that.  Let us know what you find.
View Quote

It was new, at a really great price.  So great that I was wondering if there might be a catch to it.

It does look like it might be an overrun from a custom engraving series.  I wasn't sure if it was that, or if Kahr had started engraving batch numbers or something on slides.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Could try calling Kahr CS and see if they can tell you anything about it, you could at least find out if they did the engraving or it was done after distribution.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I contacted the vendor yesterday, and they acted surprised to learn about the engraving.  But they said they would look into it.

I then contacted Kahr, and they said they don't know anything about the engraving.

The vendor got back to me today and reported that a group had special ordered the guns from Kahr and requested the engraving.  Before the guns were delivered, they canceled the order.  Kahr then sold them to the distributor as blemished, thus the reason for the low price on the pistol.  And yeah, it was a good price.  I did buy it for much lower than the current going rate for that model.

I told the vendor I was not happy about the engraving because A) their product description did not mention anything about engraving or that the gun was being sold as a blem.  And B) the engraving is meaningless to me.  As far as I was concerned, it was just random letters etched on my pistol.

The vendor then offered to send a shipping label and I could return it for a full refund.  Or I could keep it and they would refund $100 of the purchase price.  

So that explains the engraving.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Take the $100 and order a new slide from Kahr ($145.20 +ship) and then slap the engraved slide on e-ghey.  If the price you paid was really that good you'd still come out ahead of the game.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad you were able to find out what you bought.  Kinda odd the seller wasn't aware of exactly what they were selling, but good to see they're willing to work w/ you on a full refund or partial to make things right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The Kahr rep got back to me and said he looked into the matter further.  It turns out Kahr did do the work and it was a USMC unit that ordered the engraving.  He also said I could send them the slide and they'd swap it for one without engraving.

I've already opted to take the $100 refund.  Now I have the option of sending the slide to Kahr for a replacement if I decide I don't want the engraved one.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top