Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 5/5/2002 5:50:50 AM EDT
I want to get a stainless guide rod that Kahr has on its web site for my MK40. Has anyone else purchase one of these? How does it install? How do you get the spings off your old plastic rod to put on the stainless rod, cut it? Any help would be greatly appriated!

BKVic
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
BKVic
Wish I could help you out here, but all my Kahr's are K or P series guns and use a non-captured system.
So, come on, I know some of have the MK series, tell the man what he needs to know.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]

I toyed with getting a stainless steel guiderod for my MK9 but after reading some of the stuff on the Kahr shop site about the possible need for trimmimg, adjusting diameter of the new rod decided I would leave my well functioning gun alone.  the site shows the muzzle end of the new rod as screwing in, I took my MK9 apart this AM and tried to  manipulate both the muzzle and breech end of the spring to see if i could get them to unscrew, but when they would not come easily and would not come with some rubber under a pair of needle nose pliers I abandoned further attempts for fear of marring these parts.

If no one else responds the next thing to do would be t o call or email the folks at Kahr, and when you find out let us know, and if you get the assembly let us know if it just fitted right in or had to be worked on.

shoot safely and well!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I just got off the phone with a very polite lady from Kahr and she said that the metal disk that rests against the barrel of the MK40 and MK9 screws off of the plastic guide rode in about the same way as the stainless version does except on the stainless version the other end screws off. Said they have them in stock right now so I think Ill order mine tonight along with night sites.

BKVic
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Godd luck and thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I second what reload said, "good luck and keep us informed"
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I orderd the stainless steel guiderod and the Trijicon night sites. I'll be sure to let you know how both install when they get here!

BKVic
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top