Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 5:09:00 PM EDT
Thinking of getting a P9, but I'm undecided on whether to get the P9 or P9 Covert. Looking for any input, good or bad.

TIA

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I opted for the P9.  I love it.  I did not have a chance to hold a Covert.  I held an MK9 though.  Your pinky slips under the magazine.  I didn't like that.  And just like everyone else says, it was too heavy for its size.  But something must be said for the real feel of steel.

Sig229
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The P9 Covert & the MK9 are exactly the same
in height: 4.0" which makes me tend to think
the grips will be the same. You can buy the
extended mags which gives you more room to
fit your pinkie. The difference in length
between the P9 & MK9 are .7". The P9 measures
@ 6.0" and the MK9 @ 5.3". So if you're going
to use as a CCW, you may want to think about
the smaller of the two. Food for thought !

covert1

[:\]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Covert1 is right about the smaller handgun.  But I should mention that I'm 5'7" and weigh 155 lbs. on a good day.  I have no problem concealing a P9.  My work attire is jeans and a tucked in Polo type shirt.

Sig229
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had a chance to shoot a Covert, but I have abolutely no problem concealing my P9. I wear anything from a business suit, to a shirt and tie, to a polo shirt for work depending on what's going on; and I have NEVER had a problem concealing it!!!

The Covert and M series aren't as comfortable in my hand, and I don't think I would be as accurate with them due to the shorter grip.

I like having my whole hand on the grip, and the P9 fits in my hand perfectly. I am still amazed at how accurate this little gun is! Since the day I picked it up, I have yet to carry anything other than my P9.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
P40 Covert with my hand for size comparison.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The grip length really doesn't matter as far as concealment.More important is Girth and total length.
cpermd
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top