Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:46:53 AM EDT
Thinking about getting one as my new ccw since they have a thinner and smaller profile than my G23.  Im also not a big guy so sometimes its noticable when carrying the glock.  I love the little cm9 that I got for my wife to carry, but also love the .40s&w round.  Do you guys think this is a good comprimise as a concealible pistol in .40 ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the CW9 and CW40, the .40 was very uncomfortable to shoot until I put a houge handall jr on it, it was very accurate for suxh a small gun, when I carried it it was hard to remember it was there.

If you are not recoil sensitive like me, you will probably like the CW40. I am in the process of trading of a glock for a P9 because I really regretted getting rid of my kahrs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking about getting one as my new ccw since they have a thinner and smaller profile than my G23.  Im also not a big guy so sometimes its noticable when carrying the glock.  I love the little cm9 that I got for my wife to carry, but also love the .40s&w round.  Do you guys think this is a good comprimise as a concealible pistol in .40 ?

I have a CW40 with night sights  installed from Kahr.  I carry a SIG 226 in .40 as my work gun.  I can shoot just as well with the Kahr, just kicks a little more but with practice, recoil is not an issue.  The Kahr is for off-duty/concealed carry.  Hopefully carried a lot, shot occasionally.  I carried the SIG in a SERPA holster for off duty and really wanted a SERPA for the Kahr.  Since BH does not make a SERPA for the Kahr, I went with a Comp-Tac paddle.  It works great but just ordered an Infidel, IWB holster.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I had the CW9 and CW40, the .40 was very uncomfortable to shoot until I put a houge handall jr on it, it was very accurate for suxh a small gun, when I carried it it was hard to remember it was there.

If you are not recoil sensitive like me, you will probably like the CW40. I am in the process of trading of a glock for a P9 because I really regretted getting rid of my kahrs.

Handall definitely helps, I'm thinking now about CW45
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I traded a CW40 for a CW9. The 9mm has (obviously) a little less recoil and carries one more round. When your gun only holds 6 or 7 bullets, one more is big increase. No real problems with either one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot the 9,40 and 45. I liked the 9 and 45. I ended up with the cw45. Just did not care for the recoil pulse of the 40 out of a small gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a CW9 and would bet my life on it.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top