Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 10/23/2010 4:46:32 PM EDT
As the title reads,

I shot 100 flawless rounds of WWB and decided to run 7 rounds of my primary carry ammo which are Gold Dot hollow points. I had a failure to feed on the second round.  I noticed after 300 rounds that my feed ramp appears to be somewhat pitted and has slightly small jagged sharp edges on the right side of the feed ramp. Has anyone noticed this on their P380?

So my main concern is the feeding of certain hollow point ammo.

One other question. I noticed a slight scratch on my black slide (I have the black on black P380) and was wondering if there is any touch up paint that would perfectly match the finish of the P380.

Any input is appreciated!

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
CW,

I've put about the same number of rounds through my P380 (ser no. RB1441) using FMJ and Fed Hydrashocks.  My feed ramp is still very highly polished and is shooting very well despite a few hiccups in the first 150 rounds.  If your feed ramp is truly pitted I'd be inclined to let Kahr take a look at it.  My slide is SS so I can't help you with your black finish.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had 2 P380s and not seen any feed ramp pitting.  Neither had any feed issues either.  One of them works 100%.  The other required a trip back to the factory to work 100% as it wasn't ejecting spent casings and it was prematurely locking the slide back.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top