Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:41:12 PM EDT
My Kahr PM9 has a metal piece that I assume holds the trigger pin in place. It sticks down about 3/16th of an inch on the left hand side. Imagine the end of a paper clip.

While shooting this digs in and cuts my trigger finger. Is there anything that can be done or must I live with it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My Kahr PM9 has a metal piece that I assume holds the trigger pin in place. It sticks down about 3/16th of an inch on the left hand side. Imagine the end of a paper clip.

While shooting this digs in and cuts my trigger finger. Is there anything that can be done or must I live with it?

Where is it sticking down? I have a PM9 and don't have anything sticking down as you describe.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.. that photo doesnt show the pin sticking down.

I edited it to reflect where it is on my gun...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/codybrons/KahrPM9.jpg

Your trigger spring is in there wrong.
Remove the slide and look at the trigger spring inside the frame.

The top straight portion of the spring should be bearing on the flat area of the frame immediately forward of the trigger. The opposing straight portion of the spring should be visible in the cavity at the rear of the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/codybrons/KahrPM9.jpg

Your trigger spring is in there wrong.
Remove the slide and look at the trigger spring inside the frame.

The top straight portion of the spring should be bearing on the flat area of the frame immediately forward of the trigger. The opposing straight portion of the spring should be visible in the cavity at the rear of the trigger.

Are you sure about that? That's the way it came from the factory and hole the end of the spring sticks down through appears to be factory drilled. Hmmm...

If it is indeed placed incorrectly how can I remove the spring and set it right? Also why would the hole be there for it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you sure about that? That's the way it came from the factory and hole the end of the spring sticks down through appears to be factory drilled. Hmmm...

If it is indeed placed incorrectly how can I remove the spring and set it right? Also why would the hole be there for it?

I thought you had a spring sticking down the side of the trigger. I wondered how it would even work like that.

That pin/spring/whatever doesn't show up as a part on the PM9 schematic on the Kahr website. I believe it may be part of the trigger.
My PM9 has the pin flush with the little hole
Have you tried pushing that pin upward into the hole?

You might try giving Kahr a call on Monday.

Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top