Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 2:12:12 PM EDT
Well I went and plunked down some cash on my Mil-Spec Operator today. I did get a chance to fondle it for a few minutes before it was locked away.

The gun came in the blue box. Inside I was suprised to see that the gun was in a light blue plastic zip lock bag. Just like others have been mentioning. So maybe its not the dealer taking them . I was also a bit supprised to see that it came with two mags. My standard Mil-Spec only had one. The coupon had an experation of dec 02. So thats cool too.

The finish on the operator is a bit different than my standard mil-spec. The operator is a darker smoother black. I like it allot. The slide and frame didnt appear to be the same shade. That could be due to oil though.

Speaking of smooth. The operator's action felt exactly like the TRP they had on hand. Who ever worked this one over did an excellent job. I extremely please with how smooth it all seemed to be. Much smoother than my standard Mil-Spec.

I also really like the stainless barrel and bushing that it had. They barrel appeared to be the same one used in my loaded. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears to be a once piece?

Overall I am extremely satisfied with the Mil-Spec Operator. I will post a full range report when I recieve it. By the way, I am paying $589 for it. Seemed to be a fairly good price.

When all is said and done both the Operator and Standard Mil-Spec will be shipped off to C.T. Brian in Grand Junction CO. Should make a nice pair of defensive handguns.

Scott

http://www.youngsguns.com/gunpics/pb9105l.JPG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top