Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2002 2:56:44 PM EDT
I will be picking up my SA PX9608L on the 14th or 15th, what should I do about the two piece guide rod...replace it or shoot it the way it is.

Why did Springfield go with this rod over a different style?  

Pro's and con's?

Was thinking about getting one from either Wolff or Wilson.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the Wilson 2 piece with the "group gripper" it works great in my Milspec.  Part number #203 at the bottom of the page.

www.wilsoncombat.com/accessories/guide_rods.asp

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I kinda agree on the Wilson guide rod. I plan to get one from Wilsom but the one piece.

The advantage to the two piece is that it is easier to disassemble.

The one piece is suppose to have less of a chance of binding/kinking as the rod is smooth. On the two piece there is a joint where the two halves meet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Ed Brown makes some nice stuff. I will be putting one piece full length in both of mine.
www.edbrown.com
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Go with John Browning's original configuration, he got it right the first time.  Long guide rods of any number of pieces are a waste of time & money.  They do nothing for you & fall apart at inopportune times.  Their sole function is to make money for the people selling them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top