Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 4:35:44 PM EDT
At a gun show this weekend I saw the Springfield XD-40, and I really liked it.  I like the trigger better than the Glock trigger, and I like the idea of the grip safety.  And the price was right ($450).  Does anybody have one of these?  What do you think of it?  Have you had any problems with it?  What about availability of parts/accessories?  Would you recommend one?  I'd mostly be using it for recreational purposes on the range, not as a carry pistol.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a HS2000. I like the grip better than my Glock 19 but I'm still undecided on which trigger is better. They both feel good to me. I haven't had any problems with it but I just got it for Christmas so I haven't shot it that much. It's new, so not many parts and accessories are available yet. I know you can get night sights, lasers, flashlights, and holsters for them, but I'm not sure what else is available yet.

The downside is since it's a postban gun, you can't get hicaps for it. The good thing is you can modify S&W model 59 15rd mags to work, and the mags will still work in the gun they were designed for. I heard Beretta 92 mags will work too with a little drilling and filing. I haven't shot the XD-40, but I want one, so I guess that could be considered a recommendation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If you need more info, might I also recommend you browse the forums at www.hs2000talk.com/. There is an onsite Springfield rep, and they usually have all the latest and greatest info. Also, if you look around you should be able to find a XD for less than $400. I have seen them on gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com for as low as $369. Even paying shipping on top of that you're still ahead.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, Big_Bear.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
They were going for $325 on a few tables at last Ft Worth gun show.

Edited for grammer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]
WoW! $325 is a GREAT price! Was that for the HS2000 or the XD-9/XD-40? AFAIK, wholesalers are getting $369 for the XD model, so if you can find it for less grab it! Do you remember the dealer's name?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
If I can find one for that price, I'd buy it in a hot second.  I'd like to shoot it first, just to make sure it feels right, but based on everything else I've heard, I think I've found my first handgun.  Probably buy it before summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top