Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2004 10:09:54 PM EDT
And since I have no idea what their laws state....is a springfield mil-spec operator OK to sell to someone living in CA?  Any strange law prohibiting it?  It will obviously be going through an FFL, so if its a problem, they'd bring it up, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

Thanks guys,
Scott
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
First I'd check the CA approved handgun list. Next I would personally  verify the buyers ffl at  ATF FFL Check. Finally I'd personally call the ffl and make sure that he will accept the transfer and that he will accept direct shipment from you or only if it is shipped from another ffl.

Unfortunately, my experience is just that dealing with CA is too much hassel so I just won't sell into CA anymore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much for the information.  I will certainly keep all of that in mind.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Since you already have the pistol, and it's not a new "import" that the manufacturer would have to submit for cali's "safety" test , and your buyer doesn't have any red flags, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I checked the approved list at work the Mil Spec Operator was on the good list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top