Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2009 3:15:06 PM EDT
I just picked up a XD45c with the 4" barrel for CC.  I am having a hard time finding holsters for it.  My question is, are the 9/40 guns the same width as the 45?  Will a holster for a 4" 9/40 work in my 4" XD45?  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered an XD .45acp Compact for CCW. For carrying it, I ordered a Don Hume Model H721OT for mine from "XDpistols.com:

XDpistols.com

I also like Kydex paddle rigs. G-Code makes a nice one. I am thinking on getting this set up from Gunners Alley:

Gunners Alley/G-Code Holsters

I am not sure of the frame and slide dimensions of the .45 vs. the .40/.9mm......maybe someone on the XD Forums will know:

XD Talk Forums
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
When the XD45 first came out, no one was making holsters for it yet, so I ordered a FIST holster made for an XD40. It fit just fine.  Also, take a look at the Crossbreed holsters. Money-back, 2week trial and it's one of the most comfortable holsters for the XD I've found. http://www.crossbreedholsters.com  I carry my XD45CT in a QwikClip Crossbreed
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I CCW my XD45 comp daily (when in America). I use a Crossbeed supertuck. I bought it a few years back and have since bought the quickclips, but still keep using the the Jhooks. Thinking about picking up a mag holster from him soon. I have used my Crossbreed holster to carry my XD40 SC on a few occasions as well. No issues were noticed and it retained it just well. When I got my first XDm I put it in just for thought. It fit and was held fine.

For a OWB holster, I have both bladetechs and a blackhawk serpa. The bladetech is a light bearing since BH did not make one. Its great. The Serpa fits all 6 of my Xds, (45, 40, and 9) SC thru tactcial and the XDms.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the general consensus seems to be that any XD holster for a 4" gun should work.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a Comp-Tac MTAC.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I use one to carry my fullsize XD, and I used to use it to carry my 1911 before that, I just bought the new body and swapped them.

The compact XD45 shouldnt be any different from the fullsize since they both have the same 4in barrel.

That being said I got my holster with the  XD "slide" body incase I later end up getting a XD Tactical, and it should also work with any of the other XD pistols except the XDMs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top