Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 6:57:56 PM EDT
I heard that the shorty Springfields have reliability issues. Does anyone have experience with these guns?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're referring to the Ultra Comp line, my only complaint is that mine doesn't take me out shooting as much as it should.  I wish it would be more proactive.

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a ultra for a while. Massive problems with failure to feeds, failure to extracts, slide not locking back, safety plunger pulling away from the frame, etc. After several trips back to SA under warranty, I finally talked them into swapping it for a bigger model.

It really seems to me that the smaller you make a 1911, the more problems arise.

You might check out the springfield forum on 1911forum.com for more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top