Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2008 6:25:21 AM EDT
So I go to the gun show the other day in the market for an XDm 9mm and find a nicely priced one for $590 less tax, so I jump on it.  I do the paper work and hand the guy my credit card while talking to my friend expecting to pay $640 with tax.  When I get home I fill out the paperwork for my 2 free mags and what does the price on the receipt say: $540.  I look over it and apparently the guy forgot to carry the one when adding the tax.  So I get a new XDm 9mm for $540 out the door!  Can anyone beat that?
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I go to the gun show the other day in the market for an XDm 9mm and find a nicely priced one for $590 less tax, so I jump on it.  I do the paper work and hand the guy my credit card while talking to my friend expecting to pay $640 with tax.  When I get home I fill out the paperwork for my 2 free mags and what does the price on the receipt say: $540.  I look over it and apparently the guy forgot to carry the one when adding the tax.  So I get a new XDm 9mm for $540 out the door!  Can anyone beat that?

Go back and make that right!
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my XD .45 for $505.00 at a show in Richmond. Local stores were anywhere from $50 to $150 more.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 4:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I was gonna say "Karma can beat it", but looks likes a few already beat me too it.

It amazes me what I see on a regular basis. A checker at a grocierey store is ringing out a friend, I am next in line. They are talking about what to do this weekend. The one checking her out is passing every 4th or 5th item thru the scanner, the other 4 items are free, The big cart she pushed up cost..... $35 or so at checkout, hell with todays prices, that cost is exceeded with 16 cans of chili. A manager walks by, and I inform him he has a theif working here and quickly explained what happened, the girl with the grocery makes a dart for the door with the cart, she gets nabbed, the worker is told to go to security, I was told thank you, and the worker as she was walking away crying yelled at me "I am going to be fired and I dont know what I will do for my kids, you caused this" I said in the firm, carried voice, of a Marine Drill Instructor "No ma'am, you caused this, I simply protected the hard working individuals that patron this store. Maybe you should go home and teach you childeren what honesty is, and start setting an example, otherwise your hands are going to be really full when they start growing up".
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought I heard Bud's Gun Shop charges an additional % for CCs. Excuse me, I mean offers a cash discount.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was gonna say "Karma can beat it", but looks likes a few already beat me too it.

It amazes me what I see on a regular basis. A checker at a grocierey store is ringing out a friend, I am next in line. They are talking about what to do this weekend. The one checking her out is passing every 4th or 5th item thru the scanner, the other 4 items are free, The big cart she pushed up cost..... $35 or so at checkout, hell with todays prices, that cost is exceeded with 16 cans of chili. A manager walks by, and I inform him he has a theif working here and quickly explained what happened, the girl with the grocery makes a dart for the door with the cart, she gets nabbed, the worker is told to go to security, I was told thank you, and the worker as she was walking away crying yelled at me "I am going to be fired and I dont know what I will do for my kids, you caused this" I said in the firm, carried voice, of a Marine Drill Instructor "No ma'am, you caused this, I simply protected the hard working individuals that patron this store. Maybe you should go home and teach you childeren what honesty is, and start setting an example, otherwise your hands are going to be really full when they start growing up".

Wow . . . good for you.  Well done!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought I heard Bud's Gun Shop charges an additional % for CCs. Excuse me, I mean offers a cash discount.

Anyone know what the price increase is for Bud's without the cash discount?
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know what the price increase is for Bud's without the cash discount?

3%

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/payment.php
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go back and make that right!

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got my XD .45 for $505.00 at a show in Richmond. Local stores were anywhere from $50 to $150 more.

Local store was having a sales event. Got my XD45c for $475.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have an XDM, but I got my FDE XD .40 Tactical brand new for $404.  Grand total after $25 shipping and $30 transfer was $459.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top