Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2008 7:12:11 PM EDT
I finally took my XDM-9 out today.  I fired around 250 rounds through it without a malfunction using 3 types of ammo.  I loaded the mag fully (19) rounds each time (except the last mag), and had no problems.  All the ammo hit in the same place ......4" to the left at 20 yds.  The trigger is not bad.....worse than the Glock w/ a 3.5# connector, and much worse than a nice 1911 trigger, but better than a standard XD.  Once i drift the non-adjustable sites, this will meke a great carry piece.  The ergonomics are great....highest cap. of similiar sized guns....and it eats everything I've fed it.....
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm starting to think about my first hand gun and the XDM-9 is on my short list.  This is the second time I've seen people on here say the trigger stinks, which is surprising to me because its one of the things they claim to have improved.

I've fired a friend's XD-9 and didn't notice any problem with the trigger, but I have never shot a 1911 or a Glock, so I have nothing to compare to.

I'll have to search on "drifting" non-adjustable sights.  I've always wondered about that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Shooting left is common problem with XDs its normally trigger finger placement.  I have been wanting a XDm 9 since they came out with the 40.  lets see some pics of the sucker.   Also check out springer or powder river precision for sweet trigger upgrades.  I have the powder river kit in my xd45 and its every bit as good as the springer for half the cost.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shooting left is common problem with XDs its normally trigger finger placement.  I have been wanting a XDm 9 since they came out with the 40.  lets see some pics of the sucker.   Also check out springer or powder river precision for sweet trigger upgrades.  I have the powder river kit in my xd45 and its every bit as good as the springer for half the cost.

I doubt it's my trigger finger placement......

I'll look up thos trigger springs....sounds interesting.

Here is a pic......(the others are ones I aquired in the last couple weeks...

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You know I thought the same thing when i was told I was shooting left due to trigger finger placement but I swear it make a big difference with the XD for some reason.  Visit www.xdtalk.com  there is tons of info over there.  I like the look of the new slide on the XDm alot better than my original XD.   Anyways happy shooting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I want an XDM 9mm now.

Nice Gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the review and picture. I have yet to see a XDM yet.

How do you like the sights? And how big are the dots on them?

You gotta love 19+1 capacity.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks for the review and picture. I have yet to see a XDM yet.

How do you like the sights? And how big are the dots on them?

You gotta love 19+1 capacity.

I swapped out the sights on my XDm 9 for a set of XS sights.  So much easier to get a quick triple tap with both eyes open.  The OEM 3 dot just wasn't working for me.  If I were buying the gun again I'd have the XS sights installed by SA before they shipped the gun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top