Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2008 8:52:10 AM EDT
Is it possible to buy just the slide and barrel for an XD 9mm Service?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not from Springfield, I foiund one on GB one time and bought it, but that is the only one I have ever seen for sale.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Bummer. I would realy like a 4" slide and barrel on my 9mm SC frame.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The SC has a unique frame and the only slide that will work is the SC slide.  The service and tactical are interchangeable in 9mm and .40, but the .45 is unique to the caliber as well. Make sense??? I have 5 so I have tried all the combos.  The M is a different beast as well.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SC has a unique frame and the only slide that will work is the SC slide.  The service and tactical are interchangeable in 9mm and .40, but the .45 is unique to the caliber as well. Make sense??? I have 5 so I have tried all the combos.  The M is a different beast as well.  

Correct. I have swapped slide between my 45s. My XDm is unique as is the SC, however you can buy a service model of the XD you have then cut the grip to mimic the SC grip then use your SC mags in the "what use to be" full size. Springer precision has instructions to do this mod if I am not mistaking.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. I have swapped slide between my 45s. My XDm is unique as is the SC, however you can buy a service model of the XD you have then cut the grip to mimic the SC grip then use your SC mags in the "what use to be" full size. Springer precision has instructions to do this mod if I am not mistaking.

I think Springer Precision DOES the mod, I don't know about instructions.  Basically what they do is 'make' a 'compact' frame, which is only available from Springfield in a .45.

I've only got a Subcompact 9mm and a Compact 45, I don't have a Service or a Tactical.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My bad, I could have swore that they had a link to in their FAQ, but looks like I was wrong. But yeah they cut the grip of the service/ tactical 40/357/9 to accept the shorter SC mags or the extended grip standard cap mags like the SC can accept. I think the tactical with the compact grip is wrong. I have swapped my 5" barrel onto the compact frame to do this. But the 4" with a compact grip is awesome in my book. Only if they made a solid guide rod to replace the guiderod/ spring assy for the 45 4" I would be happy.

Anyways I looked up the grip chop thread that I could swear used to be linked. ***not responsiable for damage to person or gun**** HERE IT IS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info. So I am not as bummed now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top