Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 8:40:21 PM EDT
Hi Folks,

I bought my first handgun yesterday, an XD 9mm and I'm after some tips on cleaning it. I've only put 200 rounds through it so far.

Thanks,

Barclay
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had nothing but praise for mine--it shoots *clean*.

Just apply CLP to areas with high friction during use and get the gunk off of visible areas.  That's all I've had to do, and I've personally never had any problems.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The XD is a dream to field strip so make sure you do a good cleaning on the bore and barrel, clean the breachface and then give it a good lube.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks both :)

I must say I LOVE this gun! I've rented handguns in the past at my range, Glocks and Smith & Wessons mainly, this gun is by far the easiest to shoot and most comfortable I've tried.

Barclay
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You may want to visit my pistol cleaning tutorial for detailed procedures.

www.geocities.com/kemays/pistolclean.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top