Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 11:45:17 PM EDT
i'm looking at the XD40 as an alternative to the glock 22 because it's cheaper, just as durable, and was given a great review in a handgun magazine (can't remeber which one, but the author tested the XD9 and said it was more comfortable than the glock 17). can anyone support this? also does anyone know if hicaps are available for it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had my XD 40 for about a year now, and just love it.
I also have a Glock 22 that stays at home since I picked up my XD (what does that tell you).
As for hi caps, they are LEO only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
There are no hicap magazines for the 40S&W. You can use the 40 mags in the 9mm version and they work well.

Both the GLOCK and the Coation Sensation are world class pistols. You will find that the XD is far more SiG-like than GLOCK-like and actually, has very little in common with GLOCKs.

The barrel lockup, grip angle, take down and MOA are very much like a SiG. While both the GLOCK and the XD use trigger safeties, the XD is a SA gun while the GLOCK is a modified DA. The XD also has the grip safety similar to the 1911.

I've had a HS2000 Gen 1 since they hit the shelves and it has been great. So far it has had no problems.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
if the XDs are SA only, does that mean they are not eligible for USPSA shooting? i plan on using it for that and for concealed carry when i'm old enough.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got one today used for $375 with a M3 tac light , I got it because my SW99 sight's were just too fragile  . I would snap off part of the retaining pin .
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been selling my Glocks and buying XD's. And I used to be a BIG Glock fan.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I also am dumping Glocks in favor of the XD.  I got a .40 Tactical and also a standard sized .40.  The XD is the first pistol I've been excited about in a long time.

I use the Tactical in USPSA and IDPA competition, and I recently won another Tactical as a prize in the Springfield Action Pistol Challenge.  

Some will say that you can shoot the Glock a little faster due to its short trigger reset, but I can tell you that practicing with a Glock 34 equipped buddy and a shot timer, there is no perceptible difference.

Glocks have a better metal finish but they are quite uncomfortable to shoot in .40, again, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had mine for 4 months now with over 500 rounds through it. I love it. Not one malfunction or problem. I have heard you can modify Berretta magazines to fit, but there might be problems with it breaking the extractor. There is a lot of info at www.xdtalk.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top