Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 12:21:36 PM EDT
Two days old and I already had to ship it back for repairs, which pisses me off, since I had been coveting this gun for a few months and finally convinced myself to spend the $800 on it. I've never had a 1911 break before, though I do have a SW1911 that is subject to the current recall.

After shooting about 200 rounds through it I went to disassemble it to give it a quick cleaning and before I did I noticed that the right side of the ambi-thumb safety moved independently of the position of the safety. This might have been happening before I shot, but since I rarely use right side of the safety I hadn't noticed.

Other issue was I decided to swap a set of normal width grips onto the gun; the ultra-thin being too thin for my comfort. When I went to unscrew the second grip bushing it shattered. An obvious flaw in the metal.

Overnighted the gun back today. Will let you know how long it takes to come back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
SA has long has problems with their SS models, IIRC.

Good luck on yours.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
David, may I suggest when you speak with them (Springfield) try your best to be cordial and explain how well yo ulike their 1911's and I'm sure they will make it worth your while. I hope you get satisfaction from them and have great results from your Springfield in the future.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Supposedly Springfield has great customer service now with sometimes 2 week turn around...  lifetime warrenty too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 6 springfield XD's and love them all. of course I love them better after I get them refinished. But that has been the only downside with the XD line. Springfield does offer good customer service. Ask for Debbie. She has helped alot of the XD guys.

I just got my Blk SS PX9152L in yesterday. This is my 1ft foray back into the 1911 arena in many years. Had up to 15 1911's of all makes and shapes, but sold them to put my wife thru college. I like the feel and looks of this baby. Kimber makes something like it called a Pro Eclipse Shadow with the 4 inch barrel, I wish springfield would follow with a 4" version of this gun. Would be a nice CCW platform.

Anyway I hope your problem with the BLK SS gets worked out. I will be putting mine thru the paces on Wednesday when my ammo comes in!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Recently sent a new Ultra Compact back because hollow points get stuck on feed ramp.  It's been back to Springfield twice and I still get an occasional hollow point stuck on the ramp.  I bought some Wilson mags.  They work better than the factory mags but not good enough.  I was going to buy a Glock 30 but I got a good deal on the Springfield.  I'm thinking about cutting my losses and trading it in for a Glock.  Anyway what good is a lifetime warrenty if the gun is at the factory all the time, it took three weeks each time.

signed,
an unhappy Springfield owner
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
signed,
an unhappy Springfield owner

I don't think I'd be too unhappy with a three week turnaround.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Got the gun back today, so it took a little over 3 weeks.  Still waiting on the reimbursement for the shipping costs.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#8]
How's she work now?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
A light touch with a stone and my SW1911 trigger breaks at 3.5#, nice and crisp.  The recall involved enlarging the channel the FP rode in, IIRC, and I got that gun back in 3 days, with S&W prepaying the shipping.

The weirdest thing about SA was they sent their gun back without an adult signature requirement and my wife just found the box laying on the porch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top