Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 4:50:59 AM EDT
If you guys were to get an XD for a carry gun would you get a 4" model or the 9mm subcompact.  I am thinking about getting one for a carry and would really like a .40 but the compact doesn't come in a .40 only 9mm.  If you have a 4' model- how easy are they to conceal.  I live in Minnesota, so during the winter it shouldn't be a problem but the summer time might be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
i think alot of it depends on size and 'body shape' also like you said, what you wear....my dad can conceal the 4" model great, but i'm about 40 pounds lighter and prefer the 3"
if you can, find a gun shop that will let you try them out and just see what you prefer
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the compact, its just a tad smaller than the mini Glock's and I belive they have a .40 coming in the compact soon...The XD is an excellent weapon I own two the compact and the 4"er...

Personally I cary a Smith J frame or a KEL-TEC .32 only cause I were light clothes....Cant go wrong with the XD though...
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a 4" XD in a Blade-Tech belt holster.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My carry weapon is a 9mm XD! Rumor has it that Springfield is coming out with a compact .40 cal next year(I talked with them several months ago and at that time they said yes)! It depends how your planning on carrying! I prefer to carry behind my back so my 4" is just too big!
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry the Bitone XD9 , I have both the compact and subcompact. If clothing and conditions allow I always go with the XD9 4".
along with the 40SW mags loaded with 15rds of 9mm. If a pocket carry is necessary then I use the subcompact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top