Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2003 11:42:26 AM EDT
I have been checking quite hard around the area here locally, and am getting the same story from all the dealers. Loaded 1911's are hard to find. I work part time with a friend who is an FFL, and even our distributors have very few to none. Has anyone else noticed this in their area?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
SA has never been all over like Glocks, IMO. Maybe they shift production lines from model to model like others? Maybe the plant shuts down for vacation for 2 weeks?

I've heard that their M1 production had a good bit of Govt orders.

Check out Gun List for stocking dealers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Every major dealer here in town is a stocking dealer, but none have been able to get much more than mil-specs. Again, our 2 distributors that we order from for my friends store has been out of all the popular loaded models for a while now. Coincidentally though, I checked again this after noon and they appear to have gotten a good many in. Got a few reserved.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've heard that their M1 production had a good bit of Govt orders.

Huh?
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Must be Fla. I see them all over here in Arizona!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top