Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 9:26:56 PM EDT
Did anyone send a gun back to Springfield for repair?  How long did it take to get your gun back and did they fix the problem?  My new Ultra Compact won't feed hollow point ammo so I sent it back.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
My first .45 Springfield I bought 5-7 years ago, hads a couple of problems with it at the start.  Springfield fixed it both times with out a problem and received the gun back within 3 weeks after shipping it.  Not bad considering travel time both ways.  

About a year ago I bought a TRP .45, the front night site needed to be shorter.  Sent the gun back they replaced the sight, they paid for shipping both ways and had it back to me with in about a week.  

In all cases they never charged me anything for repairs.  I would have to say their customer service is excellent.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently returned an ultra-compact for the second time.They didn't fix it the first time, and promised to replace it with another weapon when i returned it a second time. Unfortunately, they told me they'd ship the new weapon a week ago last Wednsday. But, when I called again today, I was told that they're not sure they have the proper model to ship. They'll "look into it" and call me back tomorrow or Monday. Mind you, this is what I find out when I call them, 8 days after they promised shipment.
I bought a SA in large part because of their customer service reputation. The reality doesn't seem to live up to the stories.

I also got a return number that was 842 higher than the one I'd received 5 weeks earlier. That's better than 30 returns each business day.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent a fullsize in for a minor slide/frame fitment problem. 13 days from day I shipped until I had it back in my hands, and was fixed perfectly. I have always had excellent service from SA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I called SA today to see what the story was.  They told me it would take about 2 to 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I purchased a Mil-Spec from them. Had to send it back twice and they still did not fix the problem. Gun jams about 10% of the time, horrible compared to my Colts that have not jammed with many thousand rounds through them.
In addition I had replaced their extractor with a Wilson that they kept and replaced with one of theirs. Asked to have it back and they never sent it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
2+ weeks and no sign of my gun yet.  Called Springfield today to find out the status.  I was told they would have check into it and call me back.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:59:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent my XD back to be Armory Koated. It took 3 weeks door to door.  

Nick1950:  Have you used other mags?  I don't care for the springfield mags.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi aLongshot,
I've got a stainless SA 1911 Loaded Model that I bought in 1999.  I sent it in for a "reliability and trigger job" in 2000.  Took about two and a half months to get it back.  It has a really nice trigger now, but it has always been quirky and still is.  It's most recent problem is that it has decided to crush the case of about every 100th round.  This results in a horrific jam that can require the assistance of my Swiss Army knife to clear.  This is with the 18.5 lb recoil spring that they in stalled "for reliability".  I just replaced it with a Wolf 16 lb spring, but extraction and ejection of the last round in the mag (any mag.,  I've got 'em all) is lackadaysical.  Not sure what my next move is, maybe another trip back to SA and another wait.
Coolio
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent an XD9, that I bought used, to Springfield Armory this month.  They quoted a four week lead time.  I got the pistol back in 11 days.  I received my invoice today...$0.00.  I am quite pleased with the service I received.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top