Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 3:06:20 PM EDT
Hello. This is only my third post in here. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Compact LW.  I have one and love it.  I use it for CCW.  It has that "feel", if you know what I mean.  I enjoy carrying for its reliability and light weight. Anyway, I thought I would just take some time to brag about my Springfield. Thanks for listening.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Brag on. And welcome to the forums.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Just bought one a few weeks ago.  It's the model prior to the current loaded version.  It doesn't have the ambi-safety (which is a good thing to me) nor the night sights.  The night sights I'll eventually add on, probably Heinie Straight-8s.  The gun was a used as new. Box, all papers.  Aside from the factory test firing, there were no signs of wear--no marks on the inside of the magwell, magazines were sparkling clean, n tell-tale slide stop marks on the frame, etc.  Of course after I got it that all changed.  Magwell is all scuffed up now, copper streaking in the barrel, and a small spot where I learned that Hoppes #9 will remove some of the finish from the alloy frame.

Otherwise, it's a great shooter that shoots better than I do.  I got it for CCW purposes.  I have a Milt Sparks VMII holster on order for it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I just received my Compact last week, as a replacement for a lemon ultra compact. Took it out last Friday. Shoots to POA, feeds reliably, esthetically pleasing, all in all a great pistol. Overall, I'm very happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top