Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 8:56:51 PM EDT
I just picked up a XD 45 Service can someone guide me to online disassembly/assembly instructions (lots of pics preferred ) ?
I generally shoot a G 21, am I going to hate the trigger on the XD ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just picked up a XD 45 Service can someone guide me to online disassembly/assembly instructions (lots of pics preferred ) ?
I generally shoot a G 21, am I going to hate the trigger on the XD ?
Thanks

Never having shot a Glock, I cannot help  you with that queston.. but I HAVE shot 1911s, all with fairly light triggers, and the XD trigger is not a problem for me.

There is a lever on the left side of the pistol, 1/3 of the way back from the muzzle. There is a cutout in the slide. When the lever is aligned with the cutout, the lever can be opened (by turning it 90 degrees clockwise) and then the slide may be removed by sliding it forward, off the frame. The barrel and recoil spring may then be removed; their disassembly is pretty obvious.

ETA

HERE is an online link about disassemblying the XD.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the XD! I love my XD-40 Compact!!! If you're already a Glock owner/shooter, then disassembly/assembly is almost just like the Glock. Only instead of pulling the tabs down on the Glock, the XD has the lever that you rotate up till verticle. Then after the lever is verticle then guide the slide forward then pull trigger(like Glock) and then the slide is ready for removal. After putting a few thousand rounds through my XD I feel like my Glocks have a sloppy trigger(haters...bring it!). Here's the Springfields XD page..... www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I own an XD 45 compact and a G30.  I favor the XD trigger.  The XD is easier to shoot for me due to a better grip.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
oline disassembly can't help you there,but i can tell you hw to do it. btw congrats on the xd i have owned glocks now i do not, and i own 2 xds so tha says alot to how much i love the xd's IMHO the trigger on the xd is far superior and i love it, and it gets better with time and rds down range. as far as disassembly,
drop mag
clear wepon, lock slide to rear
rotate the dissassemly lever up 90 degrees
relese slide, while holding on to it, ad then pull the trigger and the you will be able to slide it right off the rails.
remove the guide rod, ad spring, then the barrel and you are g2g.

tw there are instructions how to do so in your owners maual and i assume that you have one. if not sa will send you one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I was looking for instructions for a detail strip and checkup before use which was given (Thanks FS) . I was able to shoot it this morning and I think I will like it, it took a few rounds to get a feel for it at which point I shot at 15 yds supported and kept 14 rounds in a 2" target spot, so the accuracy is plenty good and it shot to POA, It was pretty cold so I couldn't really tell if I would get along with the trigger or not but I didn't notice anything I found objectionable.
Who makes a good single magazine pouch (paddle) for the XD 45 magazines?
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
With the parts available from Springer Precision the trigger pull will be lighter, shorter, and crisper then the Glock will ever be.

Bob Hostetter
Bobs Custom Shop
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With the parts available from Springer Precision the trigger pull will be lighter, shorter, and crisper then the Glock will ever be.

Bob Hostetter
Bobs Custom Shop
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]
You need to send it to www.canyoncreekcustom.com and have Rich do a trigger job on it.

I have sent 4 of them to him of the last 2 years and they are awesome. The 4 I have range from 2lbs to 5lbs have no take up or over travel and have short reset.

I have not had a problem with any of his work and he is a great supporter of the competeive shooting sports.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You need to send it to www.canyoncreekcustom.com and have Rich do a trigger job on it.

I have sent 4 of them to him of the last 2 years and they are awesome. The 4 I have range from 2lbs to 5lbs have no take up or over travel and have short reset.

I have not had a problem with any of his work and he is a great supporter of the competeive shooting sports.

Damn Straight! All my XD's have his trigger work done.They are better than my TRP and Operator 1911's triggers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top