Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 8:39:20 AM EDT
Also looked at a Safari Arms 1911 compact pistol (stainless)

Does anyone have thoughts on those?

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't do it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Overpriced, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't do it.

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
 Since Olympic bought out MS Safari Arms it has been RUMORED that their quality on those guns are really bad.  Some of their recent deigns are absolutely hideous, there is NO doubt about that.  The Westerner is the ugliest handgun I have EVER seen.  It is a real slap in the snoot to the original, very beautiful Safari Arms guns that used to come out of Phoenix many years ago.  Even those were RUMORED to have reliability issues.

I have NEVER seen a Safari Arms gun in action in my life ( to my sadness ) I have always wanted to get my hands on one of the old Phoenix guns but have NEVER laid eyes on one...despite the fact that I have lived here for over twenty years and have shot actively most of my life.
Either way I think only owners ( or those who know owners ) of these guns can give us a reliable opinion.

Me?  I might give one a try since I have access to a few VERY GOOD fourty five mechanics and am fairly good at tech-ing them out myself.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Safari Arms 45s have never been that great and now that Olympic owns the rights they have gotten worse. We've had a couple come through the shop for work and the fit and finish was the pits. Actually all the later olympic stuff has been kinda nasty stuff their ARs especially.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Safari Arms quality is as good as it was in the past.  Dick Niemer, the head pistol smith, put out VERY high quality pistols.

They also have a lifetime warranty.

A customer who had the slide locked back for roughly 2 years, made the springs look like they lost all their spring.  Safari fixed it up, even though they had to upgrade various parts, as the gun was over 12 years old.  No cost to customer.  ook less than 2 weeks to fix.

I would say the rumors, in this case, are not worth much.

Safari also has a 60 day money back GUARANTEE.  If you do not like it, return it for your money back, less S&H.

Does anyone else offer a guarantee and lifetime warranty?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top