Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 6:43:31 PM EDT
the rest of the pistol? And where is the assmbly done?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Assembly is in the US, Springfield to be exact.

IIRC, they sub out their slides. Someone told me that S&W makes them but I'm not sure.

Don't sweat it, if you like them, buy it. They're damn good guns.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Bob.  You got any Springers?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Only the frame & slize are made in Brazil. They are forged at the Imbel plant. Imbel makes weapons for the Brazilian military & makes high quality stuff. Asides from the SA 1911 frames, I have an Imbel FAL receiver & it has been great. The slide/frame of the SA 1911's are sent to the US where they are assembled in IL w/US made parts (trigger, hammer, etc)
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks JT. Great information.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Loaded 5" lightweight Springfield..I LOVE THIS PISTOL!

Imbel is known for high-quality FAL parts.  If this pistol is any gauge, they have their shit wired tight.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info Bob.  You got any Springers?

Yes, a Govt model. I used to also have their Champion model but it kept locking the slide back with rds left to fire. Not a good thing.
So I sold it off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top