Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2003 6:14:53 PM EDT
today while shooting my "fully Loaded" springfield .45 stainless.
the slide broke in 2.. 2 pieces.the break was about 3 inches from muzzle,
shooting UMC ammo, nothing hot.
this gun been fired less than a thousand times,
it is a really great gun,
it was a slight embarassment, as other were watching all this, the front part of the slide flew about 8 feet.
I got home and called springfield. I had bought this gun new, a couple years ago.
I was told to send it UPS,, and springfield will pay , for overnight shipping, and my gun will be fixed and sent back in 2 to 3 weeks.
so, if this actually happens,
I would say this is very good service
the gun was shipped today. and I shall post what happens
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you work for one of Springfields competitors?

Could you post of photo here of the broken slide. It has happened before, at least once. But your timing is suspect, being your first post on AR15.com....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
 I was wondering the same thing....it wouldn't suprise me....but I, too, would love to see pictures of this.

By the way, in case those who have read any of my S.A. related posts were wondering,  I DO NOT work for any of Springfield's competiors ( I am in the automotive business ) I just F*cking hate 'em with a passion.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I work for ocean spray in henderson , nevada,I do not work for a competitor of this company.
the springield .45 stainless with the cracked/ split slide was sent back to springfield friday. UPS,, and springfield picked up the postage tab,I tracked it thru UPS,, and it was delivered to springfield monday morning.
I did not take a picture, as it was sent UPS as fast as I could that same day,
however, another gun , just like mine , same model, with a cracked / broke slide is posted here, I saw it,.
the posting below mine. has the link,. and on that page another springfield pistol owner, has posted his picture, it is exactly the same break, location as mine.
and others have posted the same type of problem.
I paid around 650. for this pitol, like a year and a half ago.
so, now I wait to hear from springfield,,,,,
what can I expect?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
snort1, I have one of these NIB and would like to know what is the serial number range of yours?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#6]
serial number is NM159176
I bought this maybe 2 years ago?
I m pretty sure I mailed in the warranty card.
and Im still waiting to hear from springfield,, should this week,
they sounded on the phone, as if they would pay for the repairs,( new slide)
I can research and get the exact date of purchase if that would help.
let me know,
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks snort1, don't worry Springfield will treat you right. Good Luck
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
friday,may 23rd will be 3 weeks,I still have not heard from springfield?
I shall post as soon as I do,
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
friday,may 23rd will be 3 weeks,I still have not heard from springfield?
I shall post as soon as I do,

3 weeks isn't unheard of for a major mfgr, IMO. The occasional phone call from you may not be a bad idea either.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#10]
GGOD NEWS
TODAY I WAS SENT A NEW FULLY LOADED .45 FROM SPRINGFIELD, AS A REPLACEMENT FOR THE ONE THAT BROKE,,,,
SO,, THEY DO HONOR THE WARRANTY, AND MY FAITH IN THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN RESTORED.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear!  I've always counted Springfield as one of the good guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top