Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2003 4:14:12 PM EDT
I`ve been looking into the their Officer`s size compact. Can anyone tell me if it is available in carbon steel?  Thanks in Advance.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking into the same thing.  As it sits now it looks like what I am going to do is go with the ultra compact.  It has the same compact frame but in steel.  The barrel is also 3.5".  I would rather have the 4" barrel but I want a steel frame more.  I am going to call Springfield in the morning and ask what it would cost to get the compact with a steel frame.  I'll post what I find out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield wants $1400 for a compact with steel frame.  Looks like its the Ultra Compact for me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Compact model with 4 inch barrel and light weight frame. The barrel is ramped so you don't have to worry about dinging up the frame. I like the light frame because it makes a great carry gun. You can always buy an all steel Mil spec Ultra Compact with 31/2 inch barrel and use the Mil Spec steel frame with the Compact model and you will have an all steel officers size 1911. It would cost less than 1400.00 to buy both and you would have 2 nice guns. About 600.00 for a Compact and 425.00 for a Mil Spec Ultra.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top